Word of Life Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
The Academy is one of the few schools in Virginia with a partnership with the U.S. Tennis Association designed to develop athletic ability and prepare for a lifetime of health and physical fitness. Students enjoy Excite Soccer as well as the annual Little Ambassadors' basketball program.
- Word of Life Christian Academy students master not just content knowledge but also critical thinking and life skills.
- The first and most important consideration is what is best educationally and spiritually for your child.
- Our teachers are dedicated to ensuring student success not only in their current classroom, but also at the next level.
- Personal attention and individualized instruction lead our students to score higher than the national average across all areas of the curriculum.
- We invite you to have an Educational Consultation with our Principal to see if WOLCA is the best place for your child.
- Call today at 703-354-4222 ext. 203 to schedule your free Educational Consultation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government, Honors Calculus, Honors English, Honors Physics, Honors Spanish, Independent AP Courses (Multiple),|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys - Khaki Pants and Polo / Girls - Pants or Skirt /Jumper and Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,650|
|Tuition Notes||N3 - K4 - $220/Week K5-5th - $6650.00 7th - 8th - $6800.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cherri Firaben|
|Admissions Associate||Lolita Oliver|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Geography Club, Odyssey of the Mind, Praise Team|
- Our small class sizes will maximize the opportunity for excelling and individual instruction, reduce distractions, allow for more student-teacher interaction, and provide your student with more student presentation opportunities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SpringfieldGrades: K-8 | 388 students
6915 Braddock Road
Springfield, VA 22151
- AlexandriaGrades: NS-8 | 198 students
5917 Telegraph Rd
Alexandria, VA 22310
- FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
- AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 298 students
6811 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22310
- AnnandaleGrades: NS-6
7209 Quiet Cove
Annandale, VA 22003
Since 2010 our daughter has attended WOLCA. We enrolled her in WOLCA, at the very last moment, due to a last minute relocation. WOLCA had only one place left open in the Pre School and we meet Mrs Johnson (Pre School Principal at that time) and were immediately impressed with Mrs Johnson presentation of the how the Preschool educates the kids. Mrs Johnson showed us a very thick binder which was the Pre School Curriculum and she diligently explained the Curriculum to us. We had no hesitation, at all, in enrolling our daughter in the school. That decision was very fortunate because our daughter has excelled, each and every year, and has been an Honor Roll student every year since. We have had no hesitation at all in re-enrolling our daughter as we very quickly realised that our daughter gets a solid Christian AND Academic foundation. We have been continually impressed with the teachers and staff at the school, as they all love the Lord, nurture and always try there best for the kids. The teachers and staff have been unwavering in their dedication to the school, as they have done many jobs outside school time at nights and the weekends and all this work is totally unpaid and for the benefit of the kids. We have found the school to be a very safe and secure environment for our child, if it were not, we would not have her there. Mrs Johnson is now the Principal for WOLCA and has done an incredible job of steering the school in the right direction of continuous improvement both in spiritual and academic excellence. It does our hearts good to see how our daughter loves the Lord and excels in the school. Presently Fairfax County Schools has decided to more open to different views, genders etc. it has worried us that our young daughter would be exposed, at far too early an age, to views which we do not agree with. We believe that this would cause her undue stress and would be a total distraction for her. We are so relieved and happy that our daughter is safe and secure in WOLCA, with loving and nurturing teachers and staff
- Posted by Parent - alanj
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.