5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 982-2402
Al-Huda School Photo #2 - 20 years of the Al-Huda School! - For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Al-Huda School Photo #3 - The Future Looks Bright at Al Huda School! For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Al-Huda School Photo #5 - Congratulations to our senior class member that has been accepted to MIT!!! For more information please call us at 301-982-2402!
Al-Huda School Photo #6 - Haneef Rodriguez at the "If I were Mayor" Award's Ceremony at the City of College Park
Al-Huda School Photo #7 - Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools Al-Huda School Grades k-12
- Welcome to Al-Huda School! We are a private school located in College Park, MD. We are a college preparatory school.
- We provide our students with a well-rounded education in order to prepare them to be productive members of our community.
- Al-Huda School is accredited by the Middle States Committee on Institution Wide Accreditation located in Philadelphia, PA. Our curricula is based upon the Maryland State Voluntary Curriculum.
- Additionally, we offer AP (Advance Placement) level courses that have been approved by College Board.For more information on our program, please visit the our high school website http://www.alhuda.org/.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||627 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AP, English Language & Composition, US Government & Politics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,594|
|Tuition Notes||$6445 2nd child, $5157 3rd child, $3438 4th child|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sukina Atiya|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Martial Arts, SoccerMartial Arts, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||DUS, Hifzh, Qur'an|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- operating for 23 years
- over 620 students in PreK through 12th Grade
- Accredited by The Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools in Nov'06
- 3 full-time administrators(a principal and 2 vice principals), over 50 teachers and staff
- students scored above national average in standardized tests
- Teaching Arabic, Quran, and Islamic Studies as separate subjects.
- Follow enhanced Maryland State Curriculum
- Parents can monitor their child's progress and grades online via Teacherease.com - School wide events: Quran Competition, Spelling Bee, Science Fair, Sports Day
- Islamic character building: monthly school themes revolve around Islamic traits
- Student incentive programs: Ummah Badge, Caught Cards
- Field Trips to Museums, Libraries, Recycling Center, Science Center,
- Community service opportunities
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lanham Grades: PK-2 | 36 students
9150 Lanham Severn Road
Lanham, MD 20706
(301) 459-4942 4.5 PK-2
- College Park Grades: NS-8 | 201 students
4720 Cherokee Street
College Park, MD 20740
(301) 474-1561 1.2 NS-8
- Windsor Mill Grades: K-8 | 226 students
6631 Johnnycake Rd
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
(410) 719-0921 21.7 K-8
Peace be upon u .My name is Sameh Said Holy Quraan and English Teacher in Saudi Arabia.I would like to join you as an English and English Teacher .please send me your e.mail address to keep in touch and I will send my CV.thanks
- Posted by Teacher - sameh
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?