- AnNur Academy preserves our academic services (Pre K-4th grade) and to gradually complete our elementary school up to sixth grade by the year 2011.
- Through stability and well structured programs led by highly qualified team leaders and members, we will be able to produce students who will master assigned academics and memorize/comprehend Al-Quraan in five to six years.
- InshaAllah. Our philosophy is to develop our children into productive Muslims by educating them in the way taught by Prophet Muhammad and as exemplified by our pious predecessors in Islam.
- This philosophy can be more understood like through teaching a child of their cultural background is something of utmost importance in Islam.
- This starts from speaking one's mother tongue at home. Outside the home other languages may be spoken but inside the home one's mother tongue is important for linking a child to his heritage and cultural background.
- Some may think this insignificant, but this can be devastating to a child's life.
- Not knowing one's mother tongue language can lead to many family issues and problems.
- It should also be understood that all un-Islamic customs and cultures are not allowed in Islam and full adherence of Qur'an and Sunnah is a must for all Muslims regardless to their culture and customs.
- The mission of An-Nur Academy is to preserve its student’s dignity and, to produce a pious and devoted Muslim child, who will be educated in both religious and academic fields, in which he/she will be an effective and efficient citizen in society.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
College ParkGrades: PK-12 | 559 students
5301 Edgewood Rd.
College Park, MD 20740
BaltimoreGrades: K-11 | 311 students
6631 Johnnycake Rd
Baltimore, MD 21244
LanhamGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
9473 Annapolis Rd
Lanham, MD 20706
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.