Lanham Christian School
- Lanham Christian School is a K4-12 college preparatory day school located in Lanham, Maryland in Prince George's County.
- We are members of both Association of Christian Schools International and Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association.
- We are one of only two (K4-12) Christian School in Prince Georges County that are fully approved by the Maryland State Department of Education`s Board of Accreditation and Certification.
- We are humbled and thankful for the trust that our families have placed in us, and the faithfulness of God over our ministry for the last 43 years.
- While providing great educational value to our families, we have built a strong college preparatory academic program that flows out of our intentional discipleship ministry to Christian families.
- We are making a significant impact in the academic, social and spiritual development of our students, which has led to families choosing to keep their children in our program year after year.
- Lanham Christian Boys Varsity Basketball 3-Time MCST State Champions - 05/15/2020 - Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball Team for #WINNING their THIRD Maryland Christian School Tournament in A ROW !
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(K4-5: Khaki pants/jumper and maroon polo 6-12: Khaki pants/skirt and maroon polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes textbooks, consumables, athletics, fine arts, standardized tests, technology, yearbook, 9th –12th grade retreat, or graduation (K5 or 12th grade)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Zaimi Barboza|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Robotics Club, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Team, Drama, Fine Art, Praise Band
- Lanham Christian School is a K4-12 college preparatory day school. We are members of both Association of Christian Schools International and Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association. We are one of only two (K4-12) Christian School in Prince Georges County that are fully approved by the Maryland State Department of Education`s Board of Accreditation and Certification. We realize that there are many options available for families when it comes to their children`s education and appreciate the fact that you have taken a few minutes to consider LCS.Lanham Christian is a small school with a big mission. It is our objective to provide high quality education from a Christian worldview. We share your concerns about your children living up to their God-given potential. Allow us to share with you two ways in which we seek to minister to your family. One of the most researched topics in all of education is the effect of a small class size on student achievement. Today, there is no question - students in small classes do much, much better - in math, in reading, and in overall performance. That is why we limit our class size. Our current average class size in elementary is 11.7, in middle school is 19.5, and in high school is 14. It is important that good students and good teachers not be limited by an over-crowded classroom.Additionally, Lanham Christian School is a ministry to Christian families. There are many fine outreach schools that seek to bring Christian values to an un-churched student body. That is not our focus. We seek to partner with Christian homes and local churches in instilling a Christian world view in our students, equipping them to succeed in every aspect of their development.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hyattsville Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
(301) 773-4079 5 PK-8
This school has really been a blessing to my family and I. Both of my children attend and they love it, they love their teachers and they are doing very well with the curriculum. My kids both have a hard time with math, but their teachers worked with them to grasp the concepts and try harder. The teachers set the bar high for the students, but they cheer them on as they work to get to those accolades. Their teachers and the administration do a great job with making sure information is spread properly and parents are updated with their child's status in the classrooms. Families are prayed for regularly and parents get to help out in school events. They pour a sense of community into the student by getting them to do Angel Tree fundraisers, international outreach activities....its awesome that my kids want to do it willingly because the admin and the teachers help them to understand how to care for others.
- Posted by Parent - SLM
This is my son's first year at Lanham Christian School and the environment at the school has allowed him to grow mentally and spiritually. As a parent one of the things I appreciate about the school is the level of communication between the parents and teachers. The teachers are very responsive to inquiries, and they are all working toward the same mission, the success of the students. The school has encouraged the students to start researching colleges and universities that he may want to attend in four years. I thought that recommending them to look at schools early in their high school career was a great idea and I completely support it. Overall the school is doing a wonderful job with my son and I recommend others to take a look at this school as well.
- Posted by Parent - peric
I have my kids at Lanham Christian School. We have had a good experience there. The administration gets involved so you will be helped as much as possible. The classes are small which makes one on one help incredible. If your child needs help the teacher will stay after and help. The teachers love the students and want them to succeed. I love the music programs at Easter and Christmas. What a God honoring school!
- Posted by Parent - amsel
My daughters attended and graduated from Lanham Christian School. The school trains students to academically excel and teachers and staff strive to show students how to live a Godly Christian life. They have a retreat at the beginning of the year at a camp to get students away from everyday life and focus on learning about God. This begins new friendships with students which lasts the year. I love the Godly values my children learned while attending Lanham Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - donni