Hillcrest Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (412) 854-4040
- Hillcrest Christian Academy is a ministry of South Hills Assembly of God, born out of a vision to provide Christian families with an opportunity to educate their children in a Christian environment.
- Our policies and procedures are a result of our belief that the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written word of God.
- The mission of the Academy is to provide an excellent academic program centered around a strong commitment to the truth of God`s Word and Christian values at all grade levels. With the Bible as its foundation, Hillcrest Christian Academy inspires students to excel academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- In partnership with parents and the church, the leadership committee and staff create a positive nurturing environment that fosters respect, builds Christian integrity, and encourages life-long learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language/Math/Speech|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Advanced Courses||College Algebra, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College Intro to Computer Programming, College Intro to Engineering, College Research/Writing, College Writing/Composition|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Track and Field,
- It began with a vision, a rainbow extending across Bethel Church Road and ending at Hillcrest School, a building recently abandoned by Bethel Park School District in favor of the newer, the brighter, and the bolder.
- But God had a plan for the building, a plan to extract new wine from old wineskins. So in the summer of 1981, as Pastor Robert Owen of South Hills Assembly of God stood outside after a brief summer shower and marveled at the rainbow stretching across the sky, God revealed the plan to him. A Christian School. In the building thought unworthy by others; in the building where the rainbow seemed to end. It was a new direction, and as God pressed upon Pastor Owen the significance of this sign, the Welsh man listened, understood, and began to lay the groundwork for what would become Hillcrest Christian School, and later Hillcrest Christian Academy.
- Today, 36 years later, that initial vision is still at work, as Hillcrest teaches the minds of children through academic excellence and trains their hearts to love and fear the Lord. Since its inception, the school has made a number of physical, academic, and athletic improvements. New windows, new middle school classrooms in 1994, a high-school sized gymnasium in 2007, and a complete reworking of the building in 2016 when a new upper school wing was completed. This new addition included seven new classrooms and a fully equipped science lab, and allowed HCA the space to expand the computer lab, the fine arts rooms, and the library! Hillcrest also added track and field to its already expansive group of athletic offerings, and plans to put together its first-ever marching band this year!
- Most recently Hillcrest began offering college level courses in partnership with Geneva College. This year, Hillcrest expanded the program to include a partnership with Carlow College to offer computer science and college algebra. All of this and more make the Hillcrest experience one in which students excel and will remember for a lifetime.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burgettstown Grades: PK-11 | 95 students
750 Steubenville Pike
Burgettstown, PA 15021
(724) 947-8722 23.1 PK-11
- Coraopolis Grades: PK-K | 34 students
1627 Brodhead Rd
Coraopolis, PA 15108
(724) 457-5437 17.7 PK-K
- Hickory Grades: NS-PK | 40 students
210 Main Street
Hickory, PA 15340
(724) 356-7337 14.8 NS-PK
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-K | 78 students
Mmc 17 Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 268-2199 8.4 PK-K
WOW- what a fantastic experience this has been for my children and our family. My kids love going to school and adore their teachers. I am pretty sure that their teachers adore them as well. We just got a new principal and she is amazing. She listens to the kids- spends time with them and enjoys it. I heard she was outside skipping rope with the elementary kids. The Principal sits down with parents and listens to them and the concerns they have and she is active about addressing every issue. The education they receive is fantastic but even better is the education they receive about a relationship with Jesus Christ. Each and every day my kids are learning who Jesus is and how they can live a life according to His plan. They are taught every day in every class how they can have a relationship with their Holy Creator that loves them. The sports program is growing better each year and I love having my kids involved in that as well.
- Posted by Parent - Momof2
Excellent school choice for raising children in the ways of the Lord. The class sizes are small, teachers really care and get to know the students, and the children learn to be kind to one another. The curriculum is top notch! We have been completely satisfied with Hillcrest Christian academy.
- Posted by Parent - Mary Ann Kerting
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.