Hillcrest Christian Academy
Hillcrest Christian Academy is a ministry of South Hills Assembly of God, born out of a vision to provide Christian families with an opportunity to educate their children in a Christian environment.
Our policies and procedures are a result of our belief that the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written word of God.
The mission of the Academy is to provide an excellent academic program centered around a strong commitment to the truth of God`s Word and Christian values at all grade levels. With the Bible as its foundation, Hillcrest Christian Academy inspires students to excel academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
In partnership with parents and the church, the leadership committee and staff create a positive nurturing environment that fosters respect, builds Christian integrity, and encourages life-long learning.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 239 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,000
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
College Algebra, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College Intro to Computer Programming, College Intro to Engineering, College Research/Writing, College Writing/Composition
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition varies by grade level
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- It began with a vision, a rainbow extending across Bethel Church Road and ending at Hillcrest School, a building recently abandoned by Bethel Park School District in favor of the newer, the brighter, and the bolder.
- But God had a plan for the building, a plan to extract new wine from old wineskins. So in the summer of 1981, as Pastor Robert Owen of South Hills Assembly of God stood outside after a brief summer shower and marveled at the rainbow stretching across the sky, God revealed the plan to him. A Christian School. In the building thought unworthy by others; in the building where the rainbow seemed to end. It was a new direction, and as God pressed upon Pastor Owen the significance of this sign, the Welsh man listened, understood, and began to lay the groundwork for what would become Hillcrest Christian School, and later Hillcrest Christian Academy.
- Today, 36 years later, that initial vision is still at work, as Hillcrest teaches the minds of children through academic excellence and trains their hearts to love and fear the Lord. Since its inception, the school has made a number of physical, academic, and athletic improvements. New windows, new middle school classrooms in 1994, a high-school sized gymnasium in 2007, and a complete reworking of the building in 2016 when a new upper school wing was completed. This new addition included seven new classrooms and a fully equipped science lab, and allowed HCA the space to expand the computer lab, the fine arts rooms, and the library! Hillcrest also added track and field to its already expansive group of athletic offerings, and plans to put together its first-ever marching band this year!
- Most recently Hillcrest began offering college level courses in partnership with Geneva College. This year, Hillcrest expanded the program to include a partnership with Carlow College to offer computer science and college algebra. All of this and more make the Hillcrest experience one in which students excel and will remember for a lifetime.
WOW- what a fantastic experience this has been for my children and our family. My kids love going to school and adore their teachers. I am pretty sure that their teachers adore them as well. We just got a new principal and she is amazing. She listens to the kids- spends time with them and enjoys it. I heard she was outside skipping rope with the elementary kids. The Principal sits down with parents and listens to them and the concerns they have and she is active about addressing every issue. The education they receive is fantastic but even better is the education they receive about a relationship with Jesus Christ. Each and every day my kids are learning who Jesus is and how they can live a life according to His plan. They are taught every day in every class how they can have a relationship with their Holy Creator that loves them. The sports program is growing better each year and I love having my kids involved in that as well.
Excellent school choice for raising children in the ways of the Lord. The class sizes are small, teachers really care and get to know the students, and the children learn to be kind to one another. The curriculum is top notch! We have been completely satisfied with Hillcrest Christian academy.
Endorse Hillcrest Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards