Seton-la Salle High School
- The personal growth of each student as an individual and as a member of the Christian community is the primary concern at Seton LaSalle Catholic High School.
- Through faithful teaching of the gospel, active participation in worship, dedicated instruction in the academic disciplines, and the generous sharing of time and talent, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School seeks to nurture and incorporate into its very life the message revealed in Jesus Christ.
Seton-la Salle High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and financial assistance available.Catholic Students: $10,400 Non-Catholic Students: $11,100 International Students: $13,510 Activity Fees (grades 9-12): $370 Graduation Fee (grade 12): $100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,400|
|Admissions Director||Suzee Talerico|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Paddle Tennis, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Paddle Tennis, Rugby,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||44 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
"The Rebel Report", Academic Games, Audio-Visual Club, Big Sisters, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Computer Club, Debate Team, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Forensics Team, International Club, Investment Club, Journalism, Leadership Now, Library Aides, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music Ministry, National Honor Society, Office Aides, Outreach Program, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science, Public Relations Club, Rebels For Life, S.T.R.E.A.M. Team, SLS Yearbook, Student Council, Student Tutors, Students Against Destructive Decisions
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Marching Band, Rebelettes Dance Squad, Spring Musical, Stage Crew
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Co-ed Intramurals, Hockey, Ping Pong, Rugby, Ski Club
- Seton LaSalle Catholic High School located in Mt. Lebanon, a suburb in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. Seton LaSalle develops responsible, respectful young men and women who learn in a challenging environment, at the same time growing in knowledge of their faith in a nurturing atmosphere that allows each student to flourish. Seton LaSalle is ranked in the top 5% of Catholic High Schools in the United States by the Cardinal Newman Society. We are blessed to share 82% of our faculty members have earned advanced degrees.
- WE ARE THE LARGEST COEDUCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL IN THE DIOCESE OF PITTSBURGH.
- Teaching Philosophy As a Catholic institution, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School recognizes its dual mission to promote spiritual development and academic excellence. These goals are complementary and evident in all facets of the school. The personal growth of each student as an individual and as a member of the Christian community is the primary concern at Seton LaSalle, the largest co educational Catholic high school in Pittsburgh.
- Modern Facility and Instruction Seton LaSalle is located on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Mt. Lebanon complete with a multipurpose athletic field, .75-mile professional landscaped walking/running trail, extensive weight and conditioning facility, and numerous indoor and outdoor gardens.
- An Innovation Lab, part of the STREAM Initiative (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Math), will be open in the fall of 2016. The STREAM Initiative will include 3D printers in a Digital Fabrication Lab, a Robotics Lab, an Astronomy Lab, a Computer Coding Lab, a Photography Lab, an Art Studio and Gallery, a Commercial Grade Kitchen for the Culinary Arts, an Outdoor Prayer Garden for the Horticultural Arts and use of the present Chapel for faith-based contemplation and retreats. Seton LaSalle provides WiFi throughout the building, SMARTboards in every classroom and a Chromebook for every student.Curriculum advantages include 16 AP Courses including AP Computer Science. We offer Music Technology and Digital Arts, Desktop Publishing, Web Design, Gaming Technology as well as 3 AP Art courses.
- Awards and Honors Seton LaSalle graduates are consistently recognized for their academic, extracurricular, and creative accomplishments and talents.
- Seton LaSalle students are offered generous scholarships - academic, athletic and special interest- typically averaging about $2 million each year.
- The Class of 2015 was accepted to 92 colleges and universities including: Notre Dame, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pennsylvania (Penn), Northwestern University, Boston College, Duke University, Georgetown University, Rice University, Villanova University. The Class of 2014 included four National Merit Scholar Finalists; one National AP Scholar - a student who took at least eight AP exams and earned at least a 4 on all; two $10,000 Scholarship Winners from EQT's Aspire Program; one National English Honor Society Scholarship Winner.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 541 students
144 North Craig Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 682-6633 5.9 9-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 9-12 | 231 students
8100 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 364-1616 11.8 9-12
- Cranberry Township Grades: 9-12 | 593 students
1617 Rt. 228
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(412) 321-4823 21 9-12
Great school!! Our children felt safe and free to express themselves. My children excelled academically and were given equal opportunity to do so..
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Both of my children attended Seton LaSalle and graduated recently. The academics were top-notch, but one of the reasons my children enjoyed their years at Seton LaSalle was the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities. They were both able to try new sports as freshmen, and they were welcomed on the teams. They also participated in community service projects, International Club, and class retreats. They were given leadership opportunities and the chance to take on responsibilities that were slightly outside their comfort zone (but with lots of support). I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - annsh
Our son has received a wonderful education at Seton-La Salle High School and is going on to the PharmD Program at Duquesne University. He loves this school and has had a wonderful high school experience. He said he doesn't believe he would have done so well in school without all of the support he has received from faculty and students.
- Posted by Parent - p.lat
Very happy with the education, discipline and work ethic instilled in our child by Seton LaSalle. WELL worth the tuition costs over a Pittsburgh Public School
- Posted by Parent - polly