Seton-la Salle High School
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 402 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,400
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 31
Seton-la Salle High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
"The Rebel Report", Academic Games, Audio-Visual Club, Big Sisters, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Computer Club, Debate Team, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Forensics Team, International Club, Investment Club, Journalism, Leadership Now, Library Aides, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Music Ministry, National Honor Society, Office Aides, Outreach Program, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science, Public Relations Club, Rebels For Life, S.T.R.E.A.M. Team, SLS Yearbook, Student Council, Student Tutors, Students Against Destructive Decisions
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus, Concert Band, Marching Band, Rebelettes Dance Squad, Spring Musical, Stage Crew
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Co-ed Intramurals, Hockey, Ping Pong, Rugby, Ski Club
- Seton LaSalle Catholic High School located in Mt. Lebanon, a suburb in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. Seton LaSalle develops responsible, respectful young men and women who learn in a challenging environment, at the same time growing in knowledge of their faith in a nurturing atmosphere that allows each student to flourish. Seton LaSalle is ranked in the top 5% of Catholic High Schools in the United States by the Cardinal Newman Society. We are blessed to share 82% of our faculty members have earned advanced degrees.
- WE ARE THE LARGEST COEDUCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL IN THE DIOCESE OF PITTSBURGH.
- Teaching Philosophy As a Catholic institution, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School recognizes its dual mission to promote spiritual development and academic excellence. These goals are complementary and evident in all facets of the school. The personal growth of each student as an individual and as a member of the Christian community is the primary concern at Seton LaSalle, the largest co educational Catholic high school in Pittsburgh.
- Modern Facility and Instruction Seton LaSalle is located on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Mt. Lebanon complete with a multipurpose athletic field, .75-mile professional landscaped walking/running trail, extensive weight and conditioning facility, and numerous indoor and outdoor gardens.
- An Innovation Lab, part of the STREAM Initiative (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Math), will be open in the fall of 2016. The STREAM Initiative will include 3D printers in a Digital Fabrication Lab, a Robotics Lab, an Astronomy Lab, a Computer Coding Lab, a Photography Lab, an Art Studio and Gallery, a Commercial Grade Kitchen for the Culinary Arts, an Outdoor Prayer Garden for the Horticultural Arts and use of the present Chapel for faith-based contemplation and retreats. Seton LaSalle provides WiFi throughout the building, SMARTboards in every classroom and a Chromebook for every student.Curriculum advantages include 16 AP Courses including AP Computer Science. We offer Music Technology and Digital Arts, Desktop Publishing, Web Design, Gaming Technology as well as 3 AP Art courses.
- Awards and Honors Seton LaSalle graduates are consistently recognized for their academic, extracurricular, and creative accomplishments and talents.
- Seton LaSalle students are offered generous scholarships - academic, athletic and special interest- typically averaging about $2 million each year.
- The Class of 2015 was accepted to 92 colleges and universities including: Notre Dame, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pennsylvania (Penn), Northwestern University, Boston College, Duke University, Georgetown University, Rice University, Villanova University. The Class of 2014 included four National Merit Scholar Finalists; one National AP Scholar - a student who took at least eight AP exams and earned at least a 4 on all; two $10,000 Scholarship Winners from EQT's Aspire Program; one National English Honor Society Scholarship Winner.
Endorse Seton-la Salle High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards