Eden Christian Academy
Eden Christian Academy is committed to providing an exceptional educational experience by engaging the mind and heart of each student to think and act with Christ-like character.
Eden Christian Academy is a Christian college preparatory school with three campuses located in the north hills of Pittsburgh.
Eden has two PreK-6th elementary campuses located in Wexford and Berkeley Hills and a 7th-12th upper school campus off Mt. Nebo Rd.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 649 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Calculus, Computer Science, English Literature, Spanish, Statistics
Average SAT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Eden offers generous needs-based scholarships.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Chess, Dance, Math Team, Mock Trial, Musical theater, National Honor Society, Reading Club, Robotics, Speech Team, Spelling Bee, Student Council, Yearbook
- Eden Christian Academy is the largest non-denominational school in the greater Pittsburgh area. The Academy was established in 1983 with 35 students and has grown to over 600 students, preschool through twelfth grades, among three North Hills campuses. Eden is an independent Christian school founded as an alternative for parents who desire an exceptional educational experience, which promotes biblical values and embodies strong academic expectations. This Christ-centered learning environment has made an impact in the lives of thousands of students throughout western Pennsylvania. Eden's dedicated faculty and proven curriculum have resulted in high scholastic achievements, earning the academy the distinction of being dually accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (www.acsi.org) and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (www.css-msa.org). Eden prepares students to become learned thinkers, compassionate leaders and productive citizens. The combination of rigorous education in the college preparatory disciplines and training in the values of sound living is developing a generation of leaders who honor the Lord and value the family unit, hard work, virtuous character and service to others.
I would recommend Eden to any parent who is looking for aGodly environment for their children to learn and thrive in. there is little room for bullys, and everyone there is like a family. We are definitely not rich and struggle with the tuition, but at the end of the day, I know for a fact that I am sending my kids to an environment where they are not only educated but they are loved, encouraged, and treated with kindness and respect. I cannot say enough about this school. My daughters both attend the Berkley Hills campus. We love the school. The principal is fabric, knows each student by name. The teachers are wonderful and really take an interest in their students. They provide many opportunities for parental involvement in the school s well as with your Childs class if you choose.
Endorse Eden Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.