Eden Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Eden Christian Academy is committed to providing an exceptional educational experience by engaging the mind and heart of each student to think and act with Christ-like character.
- Eden Christian Academy is a Christian college preparatory school with three campuses located in the north hills of Pittsburgh.
- Eden has two PreK-6th elementary campuses located in Wexford and Berkeley Hills and a 7th-12th upper school campus off Mt. Nebo Rd.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||651 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Computer Science, English Literature, Spanish, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1280|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Eden offers generous needs-based scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,900|
|Admissions Director||Nanette Curtis|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Dance, Math Team, Mock Trial, Musical theater, National Honor Society, Reading Club, Robotics, Speech Team, Spelling Bee, Student Council, Yearbook|
- Eden Christian Academy is the largest non-denominational school in the greater Pittsburgh area. The Academy was established in 1983 with 35 students and has grown to over 600 students, preschool through twelfth grades, among three North Hills campuses. Eden is an independent Christian school founded as an alternative for parents who desire an exceptional educational experience, which promotes biblical values and embodies strong academic expectations. This Christ-centered learning environment has made an impact in the lives of thousands of students throughout western Pennsylvania. Eden's dedicated faculty and proven curriculum have resulted in high scholastic achievements, earning the academy the distinction of being dually accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (www.acsi.org) and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (www.css-msa.org). Eden prepares students to become learned thinkers, compassionate leaders and productive citizens. The combination of rigorous education in the college preparatory disciplines and training in the values of sound living is developing a generation of leaders who honor the Lord and value the family unit, hard work, virtuous character and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PittsburghGrades: K-12 | 295 students
299 Ridge Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- PittsburghGrades: 9-12 | 454 students
423 Fox Chapel Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- PittsburghGrades: PK-12 | 399 students
6425 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- PittsburghGrades: 9-12 | 231 students
8100 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- West MifflinGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
1900 Clairton Rd
West Mifflin, PA 15122
I would recommend Eden to any parent who is looking for aGodly environment for their children to learn and thrive in. there is little room for bullys, and everyone there is like a family. We are definitely not rich and struggle with the tuition, but at the end of the day, I know for a fact that I am sending my kids to an environment where they are not only educated but they are loved, encouraged, and treated with kindness and respect. I cannot say enough about this school. My daughters both attend the Berkley Hills campus. We love the school. The principal is fabric, knows each student by name. The teachers are wonderful and really take an interest in their students. They provide many opportunities for parental involvement in the school s well as with your Childs class if you choose.
- Posted by Parent - hmrjk
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.