- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 599 students
- Yearly Tuition: $32,035
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 7 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Dress Code available on our website)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Sewickley Academy: At a Glance
As we look to the future and seek to enhance the way in which we deliver a transformative learning experience, Sewickley Academy deliberately and relentlessly seeks to exemplify the best elements that characterize excellence in education. We believe that excellence in our educational programming includes, among other things, inquiry- and experiential-based learning at all levels with a robust global orientation. Because transformative learning is most authentically achieved in a community that believes in the absolute dignity and worth of each individual regardless of race, creed, color, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender expression, physical ability, and any other element of identity, Sewickley Academy celebrates and embraces diversity while espousing the centrality of exemplary character as a foundation for a life well lived. While valuing each individual, we seek to create a dynamic, challenging, supportive, affirming community of learners, each one of whom is committed to achieving personal excellence and developing the types of relationships that are at the heart of a Sewickley Academy education. Finally, we are committed to having the facilities and financial vitality necessary to support a transformative learning experience for all students. In this relentless pursuit of transformative learning, Sewickley Academy will become a beacon others will seek to emulate.
- Average class size is 15 students
- Student to teacher ratio is approximately 7:1
- Experienced, caring teachers, 71% with advanced degrees
- All faculty and staff participate in annual professional development
- 100% of graduates continue their education at a four-year college or university
- 95% of the Class of 2021 was admitted to a top-choice college or university
- In the last 4 years, 56% of Academy graduates have been recognized as an AP Scholar by the College Board (before their senior year).
- The SAT average for the Classes of 20172020 was 1295. This is 236 points above the national SAT average. The SAT average for the Class of 2020 is 1310. This is 251 points above the national SAT average!
- The ACT average for the Class of 2020 is 30 versus a national average of 20.9.65% of the Class of 2020 was admitted to a college or university with an acceptance rate of approximately 30% or lower.
- 60 classrooms, 9 science labs, 5 computer labs, 2 robotics labs, 2 libraries with a total of 33,600 volumes, 2 student publishing centers, 1 digital design lab, and a media center
- 5 tennis courts, 4 athletic fields including a turf field, 2 gymnasiums, and a fully-equipped fitness center that support our 22 varsity teams
- 2 greenhouses and a school garden that creates an outdoor classroom and experiential learning center
- Arts programs are supported by visual and performing art studios, music practice rooms, a black-box theater with seating for approximately 130, Rea Auditorium with 570 seats, and the Campbell Art Gallery
- Mission and Core Values that center on the potential of every child
- Emphasis on developing students' leadership and communication skills
- A Community of Respect pledge and Honor Code that set a high standard of behavior
- Bus transportation offered to many areas in the region
- $2.7 million in financial aid to assist families who qualify; approximately 27% of students receive financial aid
- Home to Breakthrough Pittsburgh (formerly Summerbridge Pittsburgh), the national award-winning program with core values of high expectations, academic success, and personal mastery for students with limited opportunities
- A highly diverse student body from 42 school districts in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia
- Approximately 34% of the student body are students of color.
Endorse Sewickley Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards