Carnegie Mellon Univ Children's School
- The Children's School is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Our tuition-based program is designed to offer developmentally appropriate options for morning or afternoon preschool and full-day kindergarten for children in the community as well as CMU families (constituting approximately 85% and 15% of our enrollment respectively).We offer a high quality program equitably to diverse families.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Laboratory Schools
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burgettstown Grades: PK-11 | 95 students
750 Steubenville Pike
Burgettstown, PA 15021
(724)947-8722 27.4 PK-11
- Coraopolis Grades: PK-K | 34 students
1627 Brodhead Rd
Coraopolis, PA 15108
(724)457-5437 17.3 PK-K
- Hickory Grades: NS-PK | 40 students
210 Main Street
Hickory, PA 15340
(724)356-7337 21.8 NS-PK
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.