Central Catholic High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (412) 621-8189
- Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory diocesan school for boys, is guided by the educational principles of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
- The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice and peace.
- We strive to provide each student with realistic challenges according to his capacity for intellectual growth, creativity, and spiritual development.
- During these formative years we strive to stimulate his mind, guide his critical thinking, promote competent self-expression, and develop his faith.
- We will help the student to make choices likely to provide personal fulfillment beyond high school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||834 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Central Catholic High School also viewed these schools: North Catholic High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cranberry Township Grades: 9-12 | 593 students
1617 Rt. 228
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(412) 321-4823 17.7 9-12
Many many years ago, I attended Central Catholic High School. As a vintage old-timer, the school provided me an excellent preparatory background for academic success first at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, and then at the University of Pittsburgh. Thank you Central!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Regis Schilken
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.