Central Catholic High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Central Catholic High School, a college preparatory diocesan school for boys, is guided by the educational principles of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
- The school strives to provide a challenging, relevant, and diverse program of studies and extracurricular activities in an environment that fosters a life of faith and scholarship and develops leaders rooted in the Gospel values of integrity, respect, service, justice and peace.
- We strive to provide each student with realistic challenges according to his capacity for intellectual growth, creativity, and spiritual development.
- During these formative years we strive to stimulate his mind, guide his critical thinking, promote competent self-expression, and develop his faith.
- We will help the student to make choices likely to provide personal fulfillment beyond high school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||840 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Central Catholic High School also viewed these schools: Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School.
Many many years ago, I attended Central Catholic High School. As a vintage old-timer, the school provided me an excellent preparatory background for academic success first at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, and then at the University of Pittsburgh. Thank you Central!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Regis Schilken
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017