St. Edmund's Academy
Welcome to St. Edmund's Academy! We are a private, independent, non-denominational, co-ed Preschool through 8th Grade day school located in Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA. We believe that a focused elementary and middle school experience is the best beginning to a successful academic career.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 298 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniform Required )
(Uniform Required )
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Preschool/PreK - 5 Half Days - $10,700 | Preschool/PreK - 3/2 Program - $13,400 | Preschool/PreK - 5 Full Days - $14,700 | Kindergarten - 5 Full Days - $17,500 | 1st Grade - $19,850 | 2nd Grade - $20,350 | 3rd Grade - $21,100 | 4th Grade - $21,100 | 5th Grade - $22,100 | 6th Grade - $22,900 | 7th Grade - $22,900 | 8th Grade - $22,900 |
% on Financial Aid
- Welcome to St. Edmund's Academy! We are a private, independent, non-denominational, co-ed Preschool through 8th Grade day school located in Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, PA. We believe that a focused elementary and middle school experience is the best beginning to a successful academic career.
Profile last updated: 10/27/2021
Endorse St. Edmund's Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.