Tel: (410) 719-0921
Al-Rahmah School (ARS) is a non-public, non-profit, tax-exempt educational organization serving students in grades kindergarten to eighth grade, full-time.
We hold a Nonpublic Certificate of Approval by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and are accredited by the Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS).
We are located on the campus of the Islamic Society of Baltimore (ISB) in the suburban community of Baltimore, Maryland.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,529|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate, French, Fun and Fitness, Kindness, Model United Nations, Spanish, STEM, Student Government Association, Urdu
- Our ultimate goal at Al-Rahmah School is to foster the love of Allah (swt) and the deen in our children while holding ourselves to the highest standards of private education.
- We believe that all students, by the permission of Allah (swt),
can learn when we, as educators, parents, and community members,
provide a nurturing, intellectually challenging, and spiritually
sound learning experience. We are committed to helping our children
thrive and to develop as confident Muslims, productive citizens,
and life-long learners. Al-Rahmah`s Elementary and Middle School
programs are undergirded by four (4) main principles:
- Ikhlas Sincerity in Action
- Adab Refinement in Manner & Character
- Ihsaas Emotional Intelligence
- Akhlaq A Sound Moral Compass
- Our school is a truly special place where we strive to teach,
learn, and grow for the sake of Allah (swt) alone. When your child
leaves Al-Rahmah School, inshaAllah they will have:
- a strong sense of their Islamic Identity;
- a desire to use their unique gifts to serve Allah;
- a strong academic foundation; and
- an understanding that success is only by the will and permission of Allah.
- We are confident that our program will meet or exceed your expectations. Contact us today to learn more.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Catonsville Grades: K-8 | 143 students
929 Ingleside Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
(410) 744-0015 1.1 K-8
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 7.5 NS-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.