Grace Episcopal School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1959, Grace Episcopal School provides an academically challenging and developmentally appropriate education for children in Preschool through Fifth Grade.
- Our strong academic program emphasizes the basic tools of learning: reading, writing, and mathematics. Students receive personal attention in small classes, and learn to be critical thinkers and successful problem solvers.
- The curriculum is varied - rich in music, literature, art, history, science, physical education, and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or Navy Pants, Plaid, Polo Tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,320|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool and Junior Kindergarten: $10,660|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Hungerford|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art, Basketball, Chess Club, Cooking, Drama, Private Music Lessons, Running, Science, Scouting, Soccer, Summer Camp, Yoga
- Grace Episcopal School is a small school by design. Its size and educational philosophy enables the faculty and staff to develop fully the potential of each student academically, socially, and morally in a loving and nurturing environment. Our highly experienced teachers are committed to knowing each student individually, and their efforts extend beyond the classroom to our playgrounds and playing fields, our stage, our enrichment programs, and service to the greater community. Grace Episcopal School educates the whole student - intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
(703)329-6968 3.1 PK-8
We have loved our experiences at Grace Episcopal School. Our child has been there since first grade and will be graduating this year. We love its "small by design" approach and feels that has had great benefits for our child. The teachers have been able to tailor their teaching to the dynamics of the class and address specific needs of each student in ways that wouldn't be possible in larger classrooms. The head of school is fantastic - completely approachable and kind, yet laser focused on creating the best environment for the kids and faculty. We're proud to be a part of the Grace community!
- Posted by Parent - MR
My two daughters have attended Grace Episcopal from kindergarten through fifth grade. It is a warm, nurturing environment that fosters character building. The school`s faculty is outstanding - the majority have advanced degrees - and staff retention is high. The class sizes are small, ensuring the students get the attention they need to be able to master a subject. My oldest daughter was fully prepared for the transition into middle school and continues to excel, drawing on the solid educational foundation build during her time at Grace.
- Posted by Parent - Meredith Murray
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.