St Rita School
- Saint Rita School embraces the principle that “the soul of education is the education of the soul”.
- We are a small Catholic school dedicated to forming children intellectually and spiritually using the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church and the patrimony of Western Civilization.
- St. Rita School believes: children are created in God's image and therefore have great dignity; parents are the primary educators of their children and they glorify God by bringing their children closer to Him; education enhances a child's potential to glorify God; the school is to teach a strong academic curriculum, the tenets of the Catholic Faith, and the habits of mind and traits of character that are essential for success in this world and the next; teachers are to be living models of faith, animated by love and generosity, and capable of forming young minds and hearts; and the parish supports this Catholic education of children by providing prayer, the presence of priests and volunteers, and financial subsidies.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlexandriaGrades: PK-8
400 Green Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 456 students
2024 N Randolph St
Arlington, VA 22207
- WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
4755 Whitehaven Pkwy Nw
Washington, DC 20007
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.