Alexandria Country Day School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 224 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants, skirt or dress and a green or white shirt or blouse
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
We have a robust after school program with a wide range of activities offered
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drama productions
- Application The first step in the process is to submit an application along with the $75 fee.
- Student Visit Student visits occur after an application has been submitted. Kindergarten and Grade 1 prospective students will visit for a half-day. Grade 2-8 prospective students will visit for a full-day. Additionally, if at all possible we will visit a Kindergarten applicant`s current school to observe the child in a familiar environment.
- Parent Interview The parent interview is an opportunity for you to ask questions about ACDS, to further inform us about your child, and for us to get to know you. The interview will be scheduled once the application has been received.
- Teacher Recommendations Kindergarten and Grade 1 One current teacher recommendation is required. Grades 2-8 Two current teacher recommendations are required.
- Testing Kindergarten applicants are required to take the WPPSI-IV (Wechsler Preschool Primary Scale of Intelligence Test, Fourth Edition). First grade applicants, depending on their age, are required to take either the WPPSI-IV or the WISC-V (Wechsler Intelligence for Children, Fifth Edition). Applicants for grades 2-5 are required to take the WISC-V. Applicants for grades 6-8 are required to take the ISEE or SSAT. The school code is 472603 for ISEE and 1190 for SSAT. Please register at www.erbtest.org (ISEE) or www.ssat.org (SSAT).
- School Records Kindergarten and 1st grade: please submit any records and testing information that is available. Grades 1-8: please include a transcript of all courses and grades for past years and the current year and all testing information available.
- A completed file includes: Application Application Fee WPPSI-IV, WISC-V, ISEE or SSAT Test Results School Transcript (current year and past two years) if applicable Teacher Recommendation, one for K-1 and two for grades 2-8 Writing Sample (Grades 6-8 only) Student Visit Parent Interview
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Alexandria Country Day School often compared to?
Alexandria Country Day Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Browne Academy by visitors of our site.
What sports does Alexandria Country Day School offer?
Alexandria Country Day School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for Alexandria Country Day School?
The application deadline for Alexandria Country Day School is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Alexandria Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards