Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- You've discovered a one-of-a-kind independent school for students age 4 through grade 8.
- We believe children learn best in an inclusive, creative, and nurturing environment that engages the whole child.
- Students here are active partners in their education, and learning is joyful. The magic of Burgundy comes from 4 parts: campus, curriculum, culture, and community.Burgundy students enjoy two amazing campuses.
- Our main campus is a former dairy farm, 26 partially wooded acres, just off the busy Beltway of metropolitan Washington, DC. Our West Virginia campus, the Burgundy Center for Wildlife Studies is nestled in 506 acres of a secluded valley in West Virginia and provides our students with exposure to nature and the natural world.Our curriculum grows out of and often takes inspiration from these incredible natural resources.
- The curriculum is also hands-on and integrated for all our students.
- We are a progressive and rigorous school that empowers children to explore, discover, and grow - in many ways, not just academically.
- There is a strong social-emotional component to our curriculum in all grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition: $30,079-Junior Kindergarten; $31,271-Kindergarten; $32,709-Grades 1-5; $34,413-Grades 6-8.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,387|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lori Adams|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Enrichments: Chess Club, Barn Club, Cooking, Drumming, etc., Model U.N., Music, Sustainability Club
Arts and Music Programs:
ceramics, Instrumental music (piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, flute, clarinet, oboe), painting, Performing Arts-drama, sculpture, Shakespeare, Visual Arts-drawing, Vocal music
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.