Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- You've discovered a one-of-a-kind independent school for students age 4 through grade 8.
- We believe children learn best in an inclusive, creative, and nurturing environment that engages the whole child.
- Students here are active partners in their education, and learning is joyful. The magic of Burgundy comes from 4 parts: campus, curriculum, culture, and community.Burgundy students enjoy two amazing campuses.
- Our main campus is a former dairy farm, 26 partially wooded acres, just off the busy Beltway of metropolitan Washington, DC. Our West Virginia campus, the Burgundy Center for Wildlife Studies is nestled in 506 acres of a secluded valley in West Virginia and provides our students with exposure to nature and the natural world.Our curriculum grows out of and often takes inspiration from these incredible natural resources.
- The curriculum is also hands-on and integrated for all our students.
- We are a progressive and rigorous school that empowers children to explore, discover, and grow - in many ways, not just academically.
- There is a strong social-emotional component to our curriculum in all grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition: $30,079-Junior Kindergarten; $31,271-Kindergarten; $32,709-Grades 1-5; $34,413-Grades 6-8.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,387|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lori Adams|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Enrichments: Chess Club, Barn Club, Cooking, Drumming, etc., Model U.N., Music, Sustainability Club
Arts and Music Programs:
ceramics, Instrumental music (piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, flute, clarinet, oboe), painting, Performing Arts-drama, sculpture, Shakespeare, Visual Arts-drawing, Vocal music
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.