Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- You've discovered a one-of-a-kind independent school for students age 4 through grade 8.
- We believe children learn best in an inclusive, creative, and nurturing environment that engages the whole child.
- Students here are active partners in their education, and learning is joyful. The magic of Burgundy comes from 4 parts: campus, curriculum, culture, and community.Burgundy students enjoy two amazing campuses.
- Our main campus is a former dairy farm, 26 partially wooded acres, just off the busy Beltway of metropolitan Washington, DC. Our West Virginia campus, the Burgundy Center for Wildlife Studies is nestled in 506 acres of a secluded valley in West Virginia and provides our students with exposure to nature and the natural world.Our curriculum grows out of and often takes inspiration from these incredible natural resources.
- The curriculum is also hands-on and integrated for all our students.
- We are a progressive and rigorous school that empowers children to explore, discover, and grow - in many ways, not just academically.
- There is a strong social-emotional component to our curriculum in all grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition: $30,079-Junior Kindergarten; $31,271-Kindergarten; $32,709-Grades 1-5; $34,413-Grades 6-8.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,387|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lori Adams|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Enrichments: Chess Club, Barn Club, Cooking, Drumming, etc., Model U.N., Music, Sustainability Club
Arts and Music Programs:
ceramics, Instrumental music (piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, flute, clarinet, oboe), painting, Performing Arts-drama, sculpture, Shakespeare, Visual Arts-drawing, Vocal music
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.