Bishop Ireton High School
- Bishop Ireton is a Catholic coeducational college preparatory high school founded and affiliated with the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales.
- In the Catholic tradition and in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales, Bishop Ireton High School is a college preparatory high school that promotes spiritual, intellectual, creative, scientific, technological, social and physical development.
- As a Salesian community of learning, Bishop Ireton challenges students to recognize and respect the multicultural diversity within our global society.
- In addition, the school fosters Christian ethics, religious values and community service.
- A Bishop Ireton education teaches students to think critically and develops the whole person to meet present and future challenges and opportunities.
- Bishop Ireton High School accomplishes its mission by developing within each student the following: deepened faith in order to encourage a loving commitment to God and the Catholic Church; spiritual and moral values; desire for life-long learning; pursuit of academic excellence in all disciplines; appreciation of the fine and creative arts; understanding of our multi-cultural heritage to appreciate and respect individual differences; knowledge and application of technological innovations for the benefit of humanity; and pursuit of physical fitness and a knowledge of mental and physical health as a life-long goal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||803 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Best Buddies, BI Ambassadors, Campus Ministry Team, Cardinal Crazies, Cardinals for the Cure, Catholic Witness Club, Guardian Battallion, Model UN, Model United Nations (MUN), National Honor Society (NHS), Pro-Life Club, Robotics Club, Student Council Association, Student Honor Council, Video Game Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- Bishop Ireton has a vibrant spiritual life rooted in Catholic values and enriched by our affiliation with the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales who founded our school over 50 years ago. We have a long standing reputation as a top school academically resulting in nearly all of our graduates attending college, where they earn millions in scholarships. Our students are nearly universally involved in school activities outside of the classroom - from sports and clubs to fine arts and community service - and we are known for having a very welcoming and close knit community. Our students commonly refer to BI as their second family. As you investigate us further I`m sure these traits will become obvious.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 1115 students
6600 Little Falls Rd
Arlington, VA 22213
- AlexandriaGrades: 9-12 | 442 students
1200 North Quaker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22302
- AlexandriaGrades: PK-12 | 1120 students
1000 Saint Stephens Rd
Alexandria, VA 22304
- FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
- KensingtonGrades: 9-12 | 550 students
4920 Strathmore Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.