Potomac Crescent Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Potomac Crescent Waldorf School (PCWS) is the only school in Northern VA that is a member of the independent Waldorf schools of North America.
- Offering accredited Waldorf Early Childhood programs, Grades 1-5, extended care, summer camp, ongoing parent education resources and community events (such as our Fall Festival), PCWS is committed to educating the whole child in a nurturing, creative community.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No logos or flashy clothing allowed.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on class and schedule|
National avg.: 85%
- To truly know the world, look deeply within your own being. To truly know yourself, take real interest in the world. --Rudolf Steiner
- Waldorf schools offer a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education. They integrate the arts and academics for children from preschool through twelfth grade. The aim of the education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
- Founded in Germany in the early 20th century, Waldorf Education is an independent and inclusive form of education based on the insights and teaching of the renowned artist and scientist, Rudolf Steiner. Evolving from a profound understanding of the human spirit and human development, Waldorf Education is regionally adaptive and has grown to include hundreds of schools worldwide.
- Our programs at Potomac Crescent Waldorf School are true to Rudolf Steiner's educational philosophies of experiential learning, and we support age-appropriate activities that foster a lifelong love of learning.
- Come visit us!
- (703) 486-1309
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlexandriaGrades: NS-5 | 118 students
3601 Russell Road
Alexandria, VA 22305
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
980 N Frederick Street
Arlington, VA 22205
ArlingtonGrades: NS-6 | 133 students
1031 N Vermont St
Arlington, VA 22201
This is the only pre-school in Arlington, that fully operates in the Waldorf tradition and teaches with head, heart, and hands. The teachers honor the true spirit of the children and receive them with love, not mechanical curricula. My child couldn't be more loved and cared for in any school in Northern Virginia. He is safe and growing, and we have peace of mind. What more can a parent ask for?
- Posted by Parent - roula
Potomac Crescent Waldorf School is a very special place. The early childhood program provides the children with a true childhood, where they can explore imaginative play, help with work in the classrooms, and create beautiful art. In the grades, the teachers understand where each child is, and tailor their teaching accordingly. They integrate art, painting, stories, movement, and music into the learning so that the children learn their subjects deeply, and they develop many facets of themselves.
- Posted by Parent - jrgol
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017