Gesher Jewish Day School
- Gesher is the Northern Virginia community Jewish day school for K - 8th grade offering a challenging and innovative curriculum of general and Jewish studies.
- Gesher has full-day Kindergarten classrooms, after-school care, financial assistance and transportation.
- Gesher is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools and is the only VAIS accredited Jewish Day School in Northern Virginia.
Gesher Jewish Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading Specialist, Speech Therapist|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress code of modesty, no formal uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,950|
|Tuition Notes||Needs based financial assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debra Mendelson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Mountain Biking, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Fencing, Mountain Biking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and more, art, fencing, Gesher Green club, music ensemble, Science, Student yearbook clu|
- There’s more for your child at Gesher Jewish Day School. An excellent general studies program, vibrant Jewish learning, sports, music, drama, art, languages, outdoor classrooms, technology, library, and more. Whether you are looking for a Kindergarten where Jewish values are taught alongside the ABCs and 123s, considering an alternative to your child’s elementary school, or looking for a personal, dynamic and confidence-building middle school education for your emerging teen, admission at all grade levels is welcome. Please enjoy your “virtual” visit, but nothing takes the place of seeing our students and teachers in action! Call or email today to arrange a personal tour of the school. I look forward to meeting you!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
(703)329-6968 13.8 PK-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.