First Lutheran School For Young Children
First Lutheran SFYC is a half-day preschool for children ages 1 - 5.
We offer low student-to-teacher ratios, a developmental curriculum and weekly Music and Chapel.
Classes range from 2 days per week to 5 days per week, depending on the age of the child.
SFYC is entering its 40th year serving the children of Guilford County.
Registration begins each January for the next school year. We would love to talk with you about our program. Please call at 294-2676.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 9 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- SFYC has classes for 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and a Pre-Kingergarten class(for children who would benefit for an extra year before entering Kindergarten. First Lutheran Church is building a new classroom wing which will be our new home beginning in fall of 2010. We're excited about our new facility and our established program. Please call 336-294-0676 for more information.
Endorse First Lutheran School For Young Children. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.