Bnai Shalom Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- B'nai Shalom offers a creative, integrated approach to learning which incorporates secular and Judaic studies.
- Our mission is to provide a caring, supportive school community in which students achieve academic excellence in a dual curriculum that inspires each student to develop his/her fullest potential as an inquisitive learner, critical thinker and future Jewish leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- B'nai Shalom offers a creative, integrated approach to learning which incorporates secular and Judaic studies. Our mission is to provide a caring, supportive school community in which students achieve academic excellence in a dual curriculum that inspires each student to develop his/her fullest potential as an inquisitive learner, critical thinker and future Jewish leader.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Okatie Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
323 Fording Island Rd
Okatie, SC 29909
(843)815-9988 269.4 PK-8
- Houston Grades: 6-12 | 521 students
9825 Stella Link Rd
Houston, TX 77025
(832)204-5900 1005.2 6-12
My son is in his second year at B'nai Shalom, and honestly, I think enrolling him in this school was absolutely the best gift I could have given him in life. He has grown and excelled so much at an accelerated pace that my wife and I are just amazed. The staff and other students are so supportive, friendly and caring. It has built a good sense of community in my son, that in itself is worth a lot. However, on top of that, the teaching techniques, philosophies and technologies used at B'nai give my son such a leg up that is at a minimum comparable, if not better, than any of the top private or charter schools in the Triad. We love this school!!!
- Posted by Parent - Matt
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.