Bnai Shalom Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- B'nai Shalom offers a creative, integrated approach to learning which incorporates secular and Judaic studies.
- Our mission is to provide a caring, supportive school community in which students achieve academic excellence in a dual curriculum that inspires each student to develop his/her fullest potential as an inquisitive learner, critical thinker and future Jewish leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- B'nai Shalom offers a creative, integrated approach to learning which incorporates secular and Judaic studies. Our mission is to provide a caring, supportive school community in which students achieve academic excellence in a dual curriculum that inspires each student to develop his/her fullest potential as an inquisitive learner, critical thinker and future Jewish leader.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Okatie Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
323 Fording Island Rd
Okatie, SC 29909
(843)815-9988 269.4 PK-8
- Houston Grades: 6-12 | 521 students
9825 Stella Link Rd
Houston, TX 77025
(832)204-5900 1005.2 6-12
My son is in his second year at B'nai Shalom, and honestly, I think enrolling him in this school was absolutely the best gift I could have given him in life. He has grown and excelled so much at an accelerated pace that my wife and I are just amazed. The staff and other students are so supportive, friendly and caring. It has built a good sense of community in my son, that in itself is worth a lot. However, on top of that, the teaching techniques, philosophies and technologies used at B'nai give my son such a leg up that is at a minimum comparable, if not better, than any of the top private or charter schools in the Triad. We love this school!!!
- Posted by Parent - Matt
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.