New Garden Friends School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- New Garden Friends School is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, and is the Triad`s only independent preschool through 12th grade school guided by Quaker faith and practice, and built upon the long-held standards of extraordinary Friends schools.
- New Garden Friends School was founded in 1971 with the goal of educating children from differing backgrounds together in a positive, affirming, and safe environment.
- The New Garden Friends School experience is defined by an experiential and hands-on curriculum, weekly school-wide participation in service, and shared practices that reflect an emphasis on community and equality.
- Students are challenged to both see themselves as agents of change and to actively engage in the needs of the world around them.
- NGFS classrooms incorporate learning about and celebrating diversity in developmentally appropriate ways at every level.
- The values of community, social justice, and equality are woven into our everyday classroom practices.
- Cultural, ethnic and racial diversity, socioeconomic diversity, diversity of family structure, and religious diversity are all studied and celebrated throughout our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Guilford College Courses available for qualified students, Honors Level Courses Offered,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,700|
|Tuition Notes||$7,200-20,900 depending on grade level|
|Admissions Associate||Chris Skidmore|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Lego league, Math Club, Sci-Fi Friday, Spanish, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
drama, guitar, strings
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- New Garden Friends School is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, and is the Triad`s only independent preschool through 12th grade school guided by Quaker faith and practice, and built upon the long-held standards of extraordinary Friends schools. New Garden Friends School was founded in 1971 with the goal of educating children from differing backgrounds together in a positive, affirming, and safe environment.
- The New Garden Friends School experience is defined by an experiential and hands-on curriculum, weekly school-wide participation in service, and shared practices that reflect an emphasis on community and equality. Students are challenged to both see themselves as agents of change and to actively engage in the needs of the world around them.
- Features of the program include outdoor education, from gardening to extensive, week-long, class level trips beginning in 3rd grade; service learning, from preschool through 12th grade; art education, including visual arts, drama, and music; and opportunities at the Upper School to take college classes beginning the junior year.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and take a tour.
- Mission Statement: New Garden Friends School seeks to be an inclusive, innovative educational community guided by Quaker beliefs and committed to honoring and developing each person's gifts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensboro Grades: PK-12 | 461 students
3919 Pleasant Garden Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336)379-8380 8.7 PK-12
My daughter graduated from NGFS last year. I cannot thank the school enough for the great preparation for life that she gained at this school. We were worried that going from a small graduating class to a large university of 40,000 students would be overwhelming, but it turns out that she is thriving and doing well socially and academically in all of her classes. She says that learning to effectively communicate with teachers, to advocate for herself and to have had the opportunity to take classes at Guilford really prepared her for the challenges of college. My husband and I were very grateful for all of the college counseling. The staff worked with her through the whole process and we never had to read an essay- she was accepted to all the schools to which she applied. Thank you NGFS! Parent of Alumna- class of 2018
- Posted by Parent - Sydney's mom
It would be difficult to overstate the magnitude of the positive experience our family has had with this school. The teachers are highly experienced and do a stellar job in developing a thorough knowledge of each child allowing for an individualized approach to learning and development. In addition to an exemplary academic curriculum the school places a high priority on social/emotional learning with emphasis on such concepts as kindness, equality, self-advocacy, mutual respect, and stewardship. Having chaperoned some of the field trips, we can say that they are truly exceptional in providing the students with outstanding opportunities for experiential learning to augment the classroom lessons. One of the standout aspects of this school for our family has been the overall sense of community with an atmosphere of inclusion and a warm welcome for all. We wholeheartedly give NGFS our highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Jim
New Garden Friends School is an extraordinary school. The programs are giving my daughter a wonderful cross section of art, music, language, learning about other cultures, fitness (yoga!), along with so many opportunities to help others. Both campuses are beautiful, and the faculty and parents are a wonderful community.
- Posted by Parent - Miranda Peascoe
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.