5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (336) 282-7044 Ext. 4642
Noble Academy Photo #2 - It is essential for students, many of whom feel left out or rejected by their educational setting, to have the support they need to find themselves as students. Children learn best from teachers who they respect and care for, and they feel safe to experiment and grow in an environment where they don't feel like an outsider.
Noble Academy Photo #3 - At Noble Academy, students who have felt out of place at other schools find an educational haven. Here, everyone including teachers, staff, and all of the students, understand that everyone is here for a reason and that each individual learns differently than the one next to him or her. Families consistently report that their student is a much happier individual.
Noble Academy Photo #4 - Using research-based instructional strategies, teachers are able to meet the unique learning needs of their students.
Noble Academy Photo #5 - The family atmosphere at Noble Academy contributes to an increased ability of students to be able to learn in a comfortable environment. Teachers work together with the students and their families to achieve a greater level of success.
Noble Academy Photo #6 - Twice a year families meet with their child's teachers to discuss progress, MAP test scores, and to learn more about their lives. Students in grades 7-12 also complete a presentation in the conference noting their learning difference and best learning style.
Noble Academy Photo #7 - Noble Academy's graduates have a high rate of acceptance into post-secondary institutions. Thanks to their time at Noble Academy, they have learned the tools and strategies to be successful after graduation.
Noble Academy Photo #8 - With a student-teacher ratio of 8:1, teachers are able to truly understand their students' needs and meet each student's unique learning needs.
Noble Academy Photo #9 - Students in grades 5-12 are able to take advantage of Noble Academy's athletic opportunities. With an emphasis on fair play, cooperation and spirited competition, coaches use sports as a catalyst to teach valuable life skills, opening the doors of competing on a sports team to a high percentage of our students.
Noble Academy Photo #10 - The performing arts at Noble Academy provide extended opportunities for involvement, allowing us to develop the whole student, not just the academic side. Our artists and actors have won many awards on the local and state levels. The discipline involved in these classes often transfers over to improvement in the academic classroom as well.
- Noble Academy Mission Statement: We empower students with learning differences to pursue their highest potential within a comprehensive, supportive educational environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, CAPD, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, struggles with processing and memory issues, auditory processing, attention, academic fluency, reading, math and writing, and executive functioning skills|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for the 2020-21 school year is as follows:Grades 2-8: $22,500 Grades 9-12: $22,900.There is also a one-time new student fee of $1500.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christy Avent|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Patrick|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Creative Writing Club, D & D Club, Drama, Helping Hands Service Club, Retro Video Game Club, Running Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Noble Academy provides the opportunity for students with learning differences to achieve greater success. Featuring small class sizes, specialized training, qualified teachers, and a culture of caring and accountability, Noble Academy is uniquely designed to help your student embrace the strengths of his or her learning style. At Noble Academy, students with learning differences are no longer different. They interact with others like themselves and find both academic and social success. Our class sizes are small and our curriculum is traditional, though infused with techniques and methodology proven to be successful with our students. We are committed to both the remediation of areas of weakness and the celebration of areas of strength. Thus, at Noble Academy, children are taught by reading specialists and special education teachers but have content area experts, trained in working with LD/ADHD students, in science, social studies, art, drama, physical education, and various other elective classes. We offer a college preparatory program that serves children in grades 2 through 12. If traditional school is not the best environment for a student, we ensure that their Noble Academy experience will provide the rigor, strategies, and self-advocacy skills necessary for successful transitioning to college, vocational-technical school, or the world of work.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensboro Grades: PK-12 | 529 students
3919 Pleasant Garden Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336) 379-8380 10.8 PK-12
- High Point Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
815 Old Mill Road
High Point, NC 27265
(336) 883-0992 11.3 NS-12
Our son has been at the Noble Academy for two years. He is happy and learning. Something that had not happened before. The teachers he has had have all been excellent and REALLY understand students with special needs. Clearly the school is able to attract great people... I couldn't be more positive about the school. The only scary part is the tuition-It's really high... On the other hand, there aren't many choices in the area and the public school system is now all about "tests"...and not about children's needs so there aren't other options....
- Posted by Parent - BDMSc
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.