- Established in 2003 by members of the ICG and Piedmont Triad Muslim community, Greensboro Islamic Academy (GIA) is the first full-time school to provide Islamic education to an ever-growing community of Muslims in the Triad Area and beyond.
- The Triad consists of the three cities Greensboro, High Point, and Winston Salem and comprises approximately 1 million people.Since the school's inception many parents and individuals have given generously of their time, money and effort to overcome the obstacles in establishing and maintaining a full-time school.
- With the help of many contributors and supporters, GIA has propelled itself to a fully functioning, thriving entity in the community, Alhamdulillah and Masha'Allah.
- GIA is not a large overcrowded school where the students are just a number.
- The size of the school allows teachers to spend more time with students one-on-one and really get to know the children as individuals.
- The staff consists of 6 full-time teachers, 2 part-time Quran/Arabic teachers, one full-time Administrative Assistant and a full-time Principal/School Administrator who supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GreensboroGrades: K-9 | 471 students
2200 N Elm St
Greensboro, NC 27408
GreensboroGrades: 9-11 | 11 students
1601 Huffine Mill Rd
Greensboro, NC 27405
GreensboroGrades: K-7 | 28 students
1800 E Market St
Greensboro, NC 27401
GreensboroGrades: PK-K | 118 students
607 N Greene Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
GreensboroGrades: PK-8 | 377 students
5400 Old Lake Jeanette Road
Greensboro, NC 27455
I worked in GIA for 6 years. Beside NC standard course of study, this school offers Arabic Language, Qur''an, Islamic studies, and have recently started offering French Language. I always knew that the school was doing a great job because most of my students who moved to other public schools for any reasons, were placed in advanced learning classes. My daughter went to this school since kindergarten and she was able to compete in highly advanced learning schools.The community support for the school has increased so much lately, and therefore the school enrollment has been increasing continuously. For extra curricular activities the school provides programs that are designed to discipline students with moral well being and future leadership. As a private school there is a school tuition that can be paid yearly or monthly, however the school management welcomes all applicants and is willing to work out payments according to family income level. My younger daughter continues to attend GIA and we all enjoy the diversity interaction the school brings to the community.
- Posted by Teacher - muham