First Presbyterian Day School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- First Presbyterian Day School offers children in K3 through sixth grade superior academic instruction in a loving Christian atmosphere.
- FPDS is designed as an extension of the Christian home and church.
- In addition to providing the finest academic education, our school supports parents and the church in the teaching of Biblically based values, goals, and discipline.
- FPDS is a safe, personal school where children are challenged academically, guided spiritually, and taught to become good stewards of the gifts God has given them.
- FPDS provides a purposeful education that not only encourages academic excellence, but helps develop each child's spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia; reading therapy|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||777 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Cheering,|
- First Presbyterian Day School is an independent, Christian, elementary school that serves approximately 650 students in grades K3 through sixth. With a mission that began in 1965 and continues today, FPDS strives to plant seeds of Christlikeness in the hearts of children; pursue excellence in academics; and prepare students for future service in God`s kingdom in their homes, churches, and professions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Grades: PK-12 | 608 students
4060 S Siwell Rd
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)372-0149 9 PK-12
- Clinton Grades: PK-12 | 108 students
1580 Clinton-Raymond Rd.
Clinton, MS 39056
(601)924-5863 8.6 PK-12
- Raymond Grades: PK-12 | 501 students
2894 Raymond Bolton Rd
Raymond, MS 39154
(601)857-5568 16.1 PK-12
First Presbyterian Day School is such a special place. At its roots, you will find a school that seeks to affect children's lives eternally, provide biblical truths for them to stand on, and prepare them for future service in God's kingdom. Spiritual growth coupled with excellence in academics......that's what FPDS is all about! What a blessing this school continues to be for my family.
- Posted by Parent - mboyd
First Presbyterian Day School has been a tremendous blessing for my children and our family. My children have been challenged in their academics and have been taught scripture daily. FPDS has many different activities that children can be involved in. The school truly cares about the hearts of their students and works to prepare children for their future lives in God's kingdom.
- Posted by Parent - jdryd
The purpose of First Presbyterian Day School is to provide an exemplary Christ-centered education that meets the needs of the total child (academically, physically, socially, and especially spiritually), so that each student has the opportunity to become a productive member of society and represent a Christian spirit in their homes, churches, and communities.
- Posted by Teacher - cbris
FPDS is truly a school where the hearts of our students matter. Helping them grow in their knowledge and understanding of God's Word, and then watching them learn to apply the Bible to their lives is a gift to me every day!
- Posted by Teacher - kday
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.