First Step Preschool
- First Step Preschool Inc. offers a developmentally age appropriate program for 15 months to 6 years old, with learning experiences to enhance the child's potential for growth and success during the early childhood years.
- Our philosophy is that children be provided with a program that is Positive in its introduction to teachers, classroom routine, group play and more organized learning.
- Developmentally appropriate with learning experiences to enhance their ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Attentive to the social, emotional, cognitive, intellectual and physical need of each child.
- The education provided to your child at First Step Preschool is the most important at a younger age, when a child is able to learn at a quicker pace.
- To better accommodate your child's learning and growing needs, we offer three programs, focused on your child's age and development.
- Our facility offers a program that is both fun and educational allowing you child to grow in a setting that is safe, friendly and filled with love.
- Activities are designed to be developmentally appropriate and focused on skills that that they will need not only going into kindergarten, but going into life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Holland Grades: K-1 | 47 students
14875 Wallace Street
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 331-7337 0 K-1
- Blue Island Grades: PK-K | 63 students
2844 Burr Oak Ave
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708) 388-4220 6.1 PK-K
- Dolton Grades: PK-K | 35 students
1515 E 154th Street
Dolton, IL 60419
(708) 849-1779 1.7 PK-K
- Hazel Crest Grades: PK-K | 47 students
16777 Dixie Hwy
Hazel Crest, IL 60429
(708) 335-4831 3.2 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.