Flossmoor Montessori School
- The Flossmoor Montessori School continues the creative individual and social education begun by the physician-educator, Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Recognizing the unique potential of the child, Dr. Montessori was successful in understanding and assisting the child in the course of fundamental human development - that of becoming an adult.
- For the child shows us a universal pattern of development and this pattern reveals sensitive periods, short intervals during which the child is disposed to create some part of himself using what the environment provides.
- Walking and speaking at predictable times are illustrations of this phenomenon in very young children.
- By addressing these sensitivities and providing psychologically appropriate activities in the right way, Montessori education helps the child build himself physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially.
- The School admits children of any race, color and ethnic or national origin.
- Acceptance of children is on an individual basis with consideration given to class composition and available space and programs.
- The School is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization. Flossmoor Montessori School is accredited by the Association Montessori International and belongs to the Illinois Montessori School System.
- The faculty consists of directresses who hold Montessori diplomas issued by accredited training courses; assistants; an administrator and support staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
- Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
- FlossmoorGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
1101 Douglas Ave
Flossmoor, IL 60422
- HarveyGrades: NS-8 | 70 students
15323 Turlington Avenue
Harvey, IL 60426
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.