Flossmoor Montessori School
- The Flossmoor Montessori School continues the creative individual and social education begun by the physician-educator, Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Recognizing the unique potential of the child, Dr. Montessori was successful in understanding and assisting the child in the course of fundamental human development - that of becoming an adult.
- For the child shows us a universal pattern of development and this pattern reveals sensitive periods, short intervals during which the child is disposed to create some part of himself using what the environment provides.
- Walking and speaking at predictable times are illustrations of this phenomenon in very young children.
- By addressing these sensitivities and providing psychologically appropriate activities in the right way, Montessori education helps the child build himself physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially.
- The School admits children of any race, color and ethnic or national origin.
- Acceptance of children is on an individual basis with consideration given to class composition and available space and programs.
- The School is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization. Flossmoor Montessori School is accredited by the Association Montessori International and belongs to the Illinois Montessori School System.
- The faculty consists of directresses who hold Montessori diplomas issued by accredited training courses; assistants; an administrator and support staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
HarveyGrades: NS-8 | 70 students
15323 Turlington Avenue
Harvey, IL 60426
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017