Forest Bluff School
- School Founder Paula Lillard Reflects on the Guiding Principles of Montessori Education - 10/15/2022Forest Bluff School co-founder and co-author of Montessori From the Start Paula Lillard reflects on the guiding principles of Montessori education
- Forest Bluff School Students Return from Two-Week Service Trip - 10/12/2022Each fall, Secondary Level students from Forest Bluff School embark on a two-week camping and service trip to Camp St. Croix in Hudson, Wisconsin.
Forest Bluff School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants, collared shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our mission at Forest Bluff School is to guide children in their self-formation from birth through fourteen years of age. Self-formation follows universal principles, in addition to being unique for each child. It involves an integrating process that is guided by the developing intellect and human spirit. It is best achieved in an educational environment that fosters self-displine and the opportunity to exercise freedom appropriate to the child's developing sense of responsibilty. These skills of strong character are readily observed in the child's growing respect for others, the environment, and the self.
- Academically, a Forest Bluff School education focuses on the child's skills for discovery and exploration of a world that is both physical and spiritual in nature. We believe that this search for understanding, as opposed to the presentation, memorization, and subsequent testing of information, is the essence of a meaningful education. It is a life-long process for each of us.
- We encourage our teachers and parents to continue their own personal growth as a means to assist children in their self-development and in their attainment of those virtues important to a civilized and productive society: character, integrity, service, and a passion for life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Forest Bluff School cost?
Forest Bluff School's tuition is approximately $9,350 for private students.
What is Forest Bluff School's ranking?
Forest Bluff School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Forest Bluff School?
The application deadline for Forest Bluff School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Forest Bluff School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards