Safe Haven School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (847) 604-3903
Safe Haven School Photo #2 - Students from over 25 districts throughout Lake, McHenry, and northern Cook counties enjoy the abundance of green space that surrounds around our building
Safe Haven School Photo #5 - The inside of Safe Haven School is as colorful as our garden and crops.
Safe Haven School Photo #6 - The blue color of the Safe Haven School library helps create the calm feeling of the space.
Safe Haven School provides a psychologically and physically safe, nurturing, therapeutic environment for children who have severe emotional disturbances, learning disabilities, autism, and/or other health impairment.
We do this by fostering each childs academic, emotional, and social growth.
Safe Haven School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading, Writing, Math, Executive Functioning|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$52,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sherry Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Holly Schaefer|
- Safe Haven School is a therapeutic day school designed to meet the unique needs of children and youth with internalizing behaviors, defined as negative,
- problematic behaviors directed toward the self. Children who exhibit these behaviors often experience severe anxiety, depression and fear, feelings that can be
- exacerbated by the sights, sounds and social dynamics of a typical school setting.Their self-harm behaviors are often the result of physical or emotional trauma,
- or symptoms of a range of underlying conditions including bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Aspergers syndrome and other psychosocial
- disorders. With small classrooms, differentiated instruction, and a lovingly cultivated culture of support, community and respect, Safe Haven School offers a needed
- alternative for students with internalizing behaviors. When given the emotional resources they need in a safe, calm and accepting environment, students are able to
- develop the confidence and coping mechanisms they need to manage their negative emotions. Safe Haven School is not a permanent placement, but rather a
- temporary environment where students can go to heal, learn, and develop skills and strategies for coping with their emotional and psychological challenges.
Safe Haven has an atmosphere of kindness and acceptance. Students build self esteem and confidence as they learn to cope skills and make friends. It is a very nurturing environment.
- Posted by Teacher - SCox
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.