Montessori School Of Lake Forest
Tel: (847) 918-1000
- The curriculum at MSLF, based on Maria Montessori`s study of child development, is designed to maximize the development of children through prepared environments.
- Montessori trained directors conduct carefully planned lessons that children then carry out independently and repeatedly.
- Children are encouraged to build sensory-motor skills, socialization skills, high self-esteem, inner security, and abiding habits of concentration.
- Great care goes into preparing and maintaining classroom materials that are beautiful and inviting, and serve as essential components of the curriculum.
- Montessori pedagogy is over 100 years old and is practiced in nearly four thousand public and private schools in the United States, and throughout the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
Other Montessori association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For full schedule of tuition rates for all programs, visit http://www.mslf.org/tuition/|
|Admissions Director||Hope Allegretti|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa Pavelich|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Chess Class, Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Sports, Circus Club
- We encourage you to see for yourself what a Montessori education can offer to you and your child. Please feel free to call us and schedule your visit.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Villa Grades: K-12 | 174 students
600 W Grand Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(847) 245-6400 13.5 K-12
- Lake Forest Grades: NS-8 | 380 students
145 S. Green Bay Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847) 234-2350 3.9 NS-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.