Montessori School Of Lake Forest
- The curriculum at MSLF, based on Maria Montessori`s study of child development, is designed to maximize the development of children through prepared environments.
- Montessori trained directors conduct carefully planned lessons that children then carry out independently and repeatedly.
- Children are encouraged to build sensory-motor skills, socialization skills, high self-esteem, inner security, and abiding habits of concentration.
- Great care goes into preparing and maintaining classroom materials that are beautiful and inviting, and serve as essential components of the curriculum.
- Montessori pedagogy is over 100 years old and is practiced in nearly four thousand public and private schools in the United States, and throughout the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
Other Montessori association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For full schedule of tuition rates for all programs, visit http://www.mslf.org/tuition/|
|Admissions Director||Hope Allegretti|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa Pavelich|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Chess Class, Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Sports, Circus Club
- We encourage you to see for yourself what a Montessori education can offer to you and your child. Please feel free to call us and schedule your visit.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Villa Grades: K-12 | 174 students
600 W Grand Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(847)245-6400 13.5 K-12
- Lake Forest Grades: NS-8 | 380 students
145 S. Green Bay Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)234-2350 3.9 NS-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.