- East Lake Academy is a premier independent Roman Catholic Academy beginning with preschool age 3 that offers accelerated academics for every student in order to form future leaders. The academic focus is on the fundamentals of reading, writing, and math and science skills which are a crucial aspect of academic development. The faculty's mission is to bring out the best gifts in every student thus encouraging them to work to their greatest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,929|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website under the Admissions tab for our Pre-Kindergarten tuition and options.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Elizabeth Simutis|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Apostolic Club, Boy's Club, Classical Piano, ENCOUNTER for Men, ENDOW for Women, Engineering for Kids, Girl's Club, Holy Week Missions, Jr. Great Books Club, Knights of the Altar, Math Club, Mission Trips Apostolic Club, Boy's Club, Girl's Club, Math Club, Mission Trips, Classical Piano,
ENCOUNTER for Men,
ENDOW for Women,
Engineering for Kids,
Holy Week Missions,
Jr. Great Books Club,
Knights of the Altar,
- East Lake Academy is a private, independent Roman Catholic academy in Lake Forest, Illinois that has canonical approval, support and encouragement of the Archdiocese of Chicago. East Lake is accredited by AdvancedEd. East Lake's Mission is to Teach, to Educate and to Form.
- To teach means to provide the student with the intellectual capabilities, content and skills needed to respond to the demands of today's society.
- To educate means to train the student in the habit of intellectual rigor, structured reasoning, and in the appreciation of beauty; it means to cultivate sensitivity, memory, imagination; and finally, to develop the art of communication and the ability to express oneself clearly and elegantly.
- To form is to lead the student to become a person for others, with an upright ethical code, sensitivity toward the needs of others - especially the most disadvantaged - and openness to human and spiritual values. In this way students are prepared not just for professional success, but also for their self-realization as persons and authentic Christians in the various facets of their personal and professional lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LibertyvilleGrades: PK-8 | 476 students
221 Park Pl
Libertyville, IL 60048
WadsworthGrades: PK-8 | 633 students
15020 W Wadsworth Rd
Wadsworth, IL 60083
Lake ForestGrades: NS-8 | 416 students
145 S. Green Bay Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
ZionGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
1800 23rd St
Zion, IL 60099
Lake VillaGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
135 S Milwaukee Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046
After first searching for a school that did not follow the Common Core curriculum, we discovered East Lake Academy. With that box checked, we discovered the true spirit and passion of East Lake Academy. The faith-based education supports our family's values throughout the day, even at the teacher-led before- and after-care programs. We are continually in awe of the ELA teachers, with such a pure dedication to the children and learning. Our two boys love learning not only the academic subjects, but how to be good citizens and leaders of the world. It's a common sense approach to education and a continual search for how to do better that sets East Lake Academy apart. It's the best decision we ever made.
- Posted by Parent - julie
I have three children than attend East Lake Academy. My oldest started at East Lake Academy in PK3, she is now in 6th grade. For nine years, East Lake Academy has been a blessing to our family. You will not find a more committed group of teachers anywhere. Over the years each teacher has loved our children as if they were there own. They''ve comforted them when they''ve cried. They''ve celebrated when they''ve succeeded. They''ve challenged them to be their best. They''ve helped teach them their faith and make it their own. Through their example, they model behavior that my children can emulate as they grow older. The teachers are in constant communication with my wife and I. We are comforted that what we teach at home is enforced at school and vice versa. My wife and I are the primary educators of our children and the teachers respect and understand this. We work together for the best interest of the children. If your thinking about East Lake Academy. Visit the school. Meet the children. Meet the faculty and meet the families. You''ll see why families move or commute hours to be part of the school. We love ELA!!!
- Posted by Parent - rob
East Lake Academy has been a terrific experience to-date for our children and for us as parents. The teachers are the most dedicated we''ve ever met. The curriculum is impressive. The before care and after care programs are well run and helpful as working parents. Our kids come home happy and fulfilled. We''re lucky to be part of the ELA family.
- Posted by Parent - micha
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.