East Lake Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- East Lake Academy is a premier independent Roman Catholic Academy beginning with preschool age 3 that offers accelerated academics, forms future leaders. The academic focus is on the fundamentals of reading, writing, and math and science skills which are a crucial aspect of academic development. The faculty's mission is to bring out the best gifts in every student thus encouraging them to work to their greatest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,929|
|Tuition Notes||Call us for a free tuition estimate. 847-247-0035 x204 Please visit our website under the Admissions tab for our Pre-Kindergarten tuition and extended day options.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Elizabeth Simutis|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Apostolic Club, Boy's Club, Choir, Classical Piano, ENCOUNTER for Men, ENDOW for Women, Engineering for Kids, Girl's Club, Holy Week Missions, Jr. Great Books Club, Knights of the Altar, Math Club, Mission Trips, Yearbook Club Apostolic Club, Boy's Club, Choir, Girl's Club, Math Club, Mission Trips, Yearbook Club, Classical Piano,|
ENCOUNTER for Men,
ENDOW for Women,
Engineering for Kids,
Holy Week Missions,
Jr. Great Books Club,
Knights of the Altar,
- East Lake Academy is a private, independent Roman Catholic academy in Lake Forest, Illinois that has canonical approval, support and encouragement of the Archdiocese of Chicago. East Lake is accredited by AdvancedEd. East Lake's Mission is to Teach, to Educate and to Form.
- To teach means to provide the student with the intellectual capabilities, content and skills needed to respond to the demands of today's society.
- To educate means to train the student in the habit of intellectual rigor, structured reasoning, and in the appreciation of beauty; it means to cultivate sensitivity, memory, imagination; and finally, to develop the art of communication and the ability to express oneself clearly and elegantly.
- To form is to lead the student to become a person for others, with an upright ethical code, sensitivity toward the needs of others - especially the most disadvantaged - and openness to human and spiritual values. In this way students are prepared not just for professional success, but also for their self-realization as persons and authentic Christians in the various facets of their personal and professional lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WadsworthGrades: PK-8 | 633 students
15020 W Wadsworth Rd
Wadsworth, IL 60083
- Lake ForestGrades: NS-8 | 416 students
145 S. Green Bay Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
- ZionGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
1800 23rd St
Zion, IL 60099
- Lake VillaGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
135 S Milwaukee Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046
- InglesideGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
36399 N Wilson Rd
Ingleside, IL 60041
After first searching for a school that did not follow the Common Core curriculum, we discovered East Lake Academy. With that box checked, we discovered the true spirit and passion of East Lake Academy. The faith-based education supports our family's values throughout the day, even at the teacher-led before- and after-care programs. We are continually in awe of the ELA teachers, with such a pure dedication to the children and learning. Our two boys love learning not only the academic subjects, but how to be good citizens and leaders of the world. It's a common sense approach to education and a continual search for how to do better that sets East Lake Academy apart. It's the best decision we ever made.
- Posted by Parent - julie
I have three children than attend East Lake Academy. My oldest started at East Lake Academy in PK3, she is now in 6th grade. For nine years, East Lake Academy has been a blessing to our family. You will not find a more committed group of teachers anywhere. Over the years each teacher has loved our children as if they were there own. They''ve comforted them when they''ve cried. They''ve celebrated when they''ve succeeded. They''ve challenged them to be their best. They''ve helped teach them their faith and make it their own. Through their example, they model behavior that my children can emulate as they grow older. The teachers are in constant communication with my wife and I. We are comforted that what we teach at home is enforced at school and vice versa. My wife and I are the primary educators of our children and the teachers respect and understand this. We work together for the best interest of the children. If your thinking about East Lake Academy. Visit the school. Meet the children. Meet the faculty and meet the families. You''ll see why families move or commute hours to be part of the school. We love ELA!!!
- Posted by Parent - rob
East Lake Academy has been a terrific experience to-date for our children and for us as parents. The teachers are the most dedicated we''ve ever met. The curriculum is impressive. The before care and after care programs are well run and helpful as working parents. Our kids come home happy and fulfilled. We''re lucky to be part of the ELA family.
- Posted by Parent - micha
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.