St John Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. John Lutheran school ministry will serve the Lord under Christ's Great Commission to make disciples, and with the Holy Spirit's power will prepare students for a lifetime of service.
- We will do this by partnering with parents to develop each individual student as far as he/she can go with his/her God-Given gifts academically, socially and spiritually.
- St. John Lutheran school offers all fundamental courses of study and incorporates individual instruction for gifted and challenged students whenever possible.
- St. John Lutheran school are among the most highly regarded private school systems in the country with standardized test scores exceeding that of the public school system and other private school programs.
- Our teachers are all graduates of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Colleges and work together as a team to administer our proven curriculum models.
- The staff of St. John Lutheran regularly research the latest educational best practices and believe wholeheartedly in a philosophy of continuous improvement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake ZurichGrades: NS-12 | 526 students
60 Quentin Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
- WaucondaGrades: PK-8 | 96 students
150 W Bonner Road
Wauconda, IL 60084
Positioned in a prime location in the heart of Libertyville, St. John Lutheran School is surrounded by top-rated, highly sought after public schools, but still stands out. Relocating with five school-aged children put finding the right schools at the top of our priority list. Libertyville public schools stood out among those in other northern-Chicago suburbs, but dull in comparison to what St. John has to offer. While surpassing the academic standards of public schools, St. John Lutheran School also offers low student-teacher ratio, individualized instruction which allows children to work at their own pace and unique level, and highly-educated, well-seasoned, kind and compassionate teachers. Despite the safeguards put in place to protect the safety and wellbeing of their students and staff, St. John offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all who enter. The principal and staff meet and greet students and parents both before and after class allowing constant, open communication. The students not only learn about various cultures and ethnicities through text book exploration, but through visiting with the child sitting to their right or left. They are given the opportunity to respect and appreciate their differences while discovering what makes them very much the same. The strong biblical foundation and Christ-like values instilled by the Pastor, Principal, teachers, and staff at St. John makes us all part of one family.
- Posted by Parent - Miller
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.