Da Vinci Waldorf School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Da Vinci Waldorf School offers a classical academic curriculum richly integrated with the arts and practical life experiences. Children learn best when they are inspired and engaged by what they are learning, and Waldorf education excels at this.
- The Waldorf curriculum at Da Vinci Waldorf School includes geometry, chemistry, physics, history, geography, two foreign languages, handwork, music, orchestra, movement, language arts, botany, and more.
- When material is presented artistically and experientially, multiple intelligences are developed in all the students.
- No high-stakes testing, plenty of time outdoors, and a curriculum tailored to the student's developmental stage and age makes learning a joy.
- Da Vinci Waldorf School nurtures confident, creative, flexible thinkers who are ready and eager to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,800|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool tuition is $2660 - $6130 depending on number of days per week. Preschool/Kindergarten day is 4 hours long. Monthly payment plan is available in both grades and pre-K. Need-based tuition assistance is available K through 8. Maximum tuition c|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Barbara DuRocher|
- The fastest growing educational movement in the world, Waldorf education holds to the principle of "the right thing at the right time." Every child can develop his or her full potential if their natural capacities are nurtured and allowed to unfold in a developmentally appropriate manner. For example, in Early Childhood at Da Vinci Waldorf, children experience a warm, homelike environment with ample opportunity to develop strong pre-academic skills through creative play, music, art, storytelling, sewing, baking and outdoor activities. The wonder of childhood is protected so that the child's natural curiosity and joy in the learning process will carry them through grade school and beyond. In grade school and middle school, all subjects are integrated with artistic and practical work that includes singing, instrumental music, painting, sculpture, woodworking, drama, house-building, gardening, service learning and more, making this education effective and stimulating for children with all learning styles. Children who receive a Waldorf education are authentic, curious, balanced, self-confident, and successful. They have learned to examine problems from many angles and think about solutions creatively. 91% of Waldorf graduates consider themselves "lifelong learners," a quality essential to success in our rapidly changing world. Da Vinci Waldorf School offers Parent Child classes for children 18 months to 3 years, Preschool/Kindergarten for children 3 to 6, and Grades 1 through 8.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Zurich Grades: NS-5 | 480 students
60 Quentin Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847)438-4494 6.6 NS-5
- Arlington Heights Grades: K-9 | 486 students
111 W Olive St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)253-6638 15.1 K-9
- Dundee Grades: NS-8 | 291 students
5 S Van Buren St
Dundee, IL 60118
(847)428-1010 13.8 NS-8
- Lake Forest Grades: NS-6 | 123 students
13700 W Laurel Dr
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)918-1000 13.1 NS-6
My now high school junior had a wonderful experience at Da Vinci from Pre-k through 8th grade. She was very well rounded and confident when entering public high school. Two of her AP teachers noted in conferences how inquisitive and thoughtful her approach to learning science and history was. While many things create the success of students, I believe this school was instrumental in forming her attitude, connectedness, and critical thinking skills.
- Posted by Parent - Waldorf mom
I am a parent of two children. One currently in 2nd grade and the other in Kindergarten. My wife has been a strong proponent of a Waldorf education for a long time but my path was slower. I am the owner of a software company and I am a product of Public Schooling. We also live in Barrington where the schools are excellent. As much as I loved Waldorf for my kids in Pre-K and Kindergarten, I thought public school would be a better option come first grade.I ended up reversing paths and am sending my kids to Waldorf for the grades as well. I couldn't be happier with my decision and I am starting to see the benefits of a Waldorf education. Specifically, I see a passion and love of learning in my children that just seems to grow and grow. Because a Waldorf education is so hands on and experiential, I see my kids soaking in the lessons and then creating on their own. Example: My son has recently become an avid reader. But, beyond just reading, he is now also drawing his own pictures for the book series he fell in love with and he is also writing and binding little books for us to read.I've head stats thrown around that 80% of the jobs our kids will have, don't yet exist today. While that number seems high to me, there is a strong point here all the same. We don't know what the future holds. I want my children to always have a thirst for knowledge and I want them to be able to grow and think and create for themselves. With these skills, they will make good decisions and be an asset to any team.
- Posted by Parent - Randall
My daughter attended Da Vinci Waldorf School (formerly Water's Edge Waldorf School) from preschool through 8th grade. She now attends our local public high school. She loved school at Da Vinci and never wanted to miss a single day. She took this love of learning with her to high school, and she was very well-prepared. At Da Vinci, she learned two foreign languages, learned to play several instruments, sing, and write music, learned to knit, speak before an audience, debate, act, paint, sculpt. All this in addition to receiving an excellent classical education in history, the sciences, math, and English that prepared her for the honors track in high school. I cannot say enough about this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - johng
This is a wonderful place. My children love going to school every day and cry on the last day. It gives them so much more than just an education. My children are turning into the kind of young adults that I only though happened in dreams.
- Posted by Parent - hurth
My daughter is a living example of the quality results this school produces. After struggling in 3 public and private schools, she entered Da Vinci in the 7th grade. She graduated a confident and mature student ready to enter high school. The individual, one-on-one attention she received is unparalleled. I strongly encourage any parent considering private education to visit Da Vinci and take a tour. This is the gem of an educational experience you''ve been searching for.
- Posted by Parent - jdand
This is a little school with a big heart! Excellent service learning opportunities for my children, theater productions, academically engaging experiences, and a music program that has enlivened my children. The love their peers and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - donna
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.