Alta Vista Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (847) 918-1621
- Welcome and thank you for being interested in Alta Vista Montessori School where we have been serving children and families since 1998. Alta Vista Montessori School is accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), which was established in 1929 by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Alta Vista Montessori School is a registered Illinois Private School, a member of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools (AIMS) and a DCFS Licensed Day Care Center.
- Our authentic AMI Montessori approach succeeds in helping each child with the task of inner construction because it draws its principles from the natural development of the child.
- Inherent flexibility allows the Method to adapt to the needs of the individual, regardless of the level of ability, learning style, or maturity. Each child is offered a prepared environment that includes a mixed-age group of children, an adult guide (teacher), and specifically designed Montessori educational materials.
- The trained guide is an artful organizer of experiences for the child encouraging discovery, process and practice.
- Equipped with a rich set of lessons in a variety of curriculum areas, the adults engage in constant and ongoing observation of each child`s abilities and interests.
- The Montessori trained guide is constantly responding to these observations with appropriate lessons, encouragement of the child`s concentration, and respect for the child`s natural drive for independence.
- "We are located in Winchester Court, halfway between Route 45 and Butterfield Road in the village of Libertyville, Illinois.
- Many students come from Libertyville and the nearby communities of Mundelein, Vernon Hills, Gurnee and Grayslake; others travel from as far as Waukegan, Round Lake or Hawthorn Woods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sophia Ginder|
|Admissions Associate||Samantha Kunio|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Fitness, Tae Kwon Do|
- Children five months or five years of age have already embarked on a journey from which they are learning great lessons, those that are traditionally academic and those that will shape their personality and character.
- At Alta Vista:
- We help our students to learn and understand the world, so that one day they'll know how to make it a better place for themselves and others.
- We emphasize an academic curriculum that focuses on how we learn and not what we learn to develop a lifelong love for learning and the skills to do so.
- We foster independence, self-direction, and responsibility to empower them to follow the life of their own choosing.
- We model collaboration, cooperation and helpfulness to inspire them to live a life of service and peace.
- Following authentic Montessori practices, our classes are mixed-aged, which is the ideal setting for peer teaching, role modeling, honing leadership, and building a strong sense of community. Our experienced teachers engage the children in specially prepared classrooms using a stimulating curriculum at each level. Everything in the classroom is designed to meet the developmental needs and interests of the children. There is no limit to what children can learn, and they are able to advance through the curriculum as quickly as they are ready, without being limited by the progress of their peers. Our Montessori materials have been researched and scientifically developed as well as tested in classrooms for over 100 years all over the world. Our teachers take great care in preparing the environment; materials are arranged sequentially, children have comfortable work space, and there is freedom of physical movement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Libertyville Grades: NS | 100 students
125 W Church St
Libertyville, IL 60048
(847) 281-9911 2.1 NS
- Lake Villa Grades: PK-K | 21 students
101 S Beck Rd.
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(847) 356-4282 8.2 PK-K
Our family has had the wonderful fortune of being a part of the Alta Vista community for the past 5 years. Our oldest daughter just graduated from Kindergarten, and she is reading chapter books, doing division, and very independent. She started in the toddler classroom when she was almost 2, and over the past 4 years in the primary classroom, it has been amazing to watch her grow and develop. She is a naturally shy girl, and this year in her Kindergarten year, it was unbelievable to watch how much she bloomed. Our 2nd daughter also started in the toddler community, when she was only 16 months old. She is now also in a primary classroom, and although she just turned 4, she is reading! Our daughters are very different, but it has been amazing to see how much Alta Vista has been the perfect fit for both of them. I can't say enough about the teachers, assistants, and the director at this school. Each of the teachers is compassionate, caring, loving, and excellent Montessori educators. We would never have entrusted the phenomenal job of educating and caring for our two older children to a school for five years if we were not happy with the program. Alta Vista has not just prepared our children for a great start in elementary school, but it has prepared them for a wonderful start in life. We feel blessed every day to have found Alta Vista. We just had a baby, and can't wait for him to start in the toddler room - we''re counting the months until he gets the opportunity to be at this wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - coryl
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?