Carmel Catholic High School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 1,107 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Carmel Catholic High School is a Catholic, college preparatory secondary school for young men and women from ninth through twelfth grades. Every student to us is a unique and worth individual with great potential waiting to be discovered and harnessed. We value and encourage creativity and we provide a loving and supportive environment where every student can feel successful as a person. We firmly believe that a young person learns from his or her total experience of the school setting, so we strive to address the religious, academic, social, psychological, and physical development of the young person through the school's programs, courses and policies. We foster lifelong faith, learning, and development of an individual's talents and skills. Carmel Catholic is primarily a college preparatory school, providing a program of excellence for students. In addition to being an academic institution, we are a community which fosters respect for diversity, mutual growth and development. This Carmel Catholic community extends the challenge to lead productive lives which reflect religious and civic values.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Brienne Minor '15 - NCAA Champion Tennis Player who competed in the 2017 U.S. Open ?
- Carol Tyler - Internationally known artist, ?cartoonist and humorist ?
- Joe Tyler - Olympic athlete who was on the 1980 gold-medal-winning U.S. Bobsled Team ?
- Hugh Brown - Famous 3-time Grammy Award winning musician, with 11 nominations ?
- Bill Fusz - Director of Global Business ? Development Operations at Facebook? Recently visited Carmel to speak to students
- Marietta DePrima? - Northwestern University graduate, actor best known for her role in The Hughleys?
Endorse Carmel Catholic High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards