Carmel Catholic High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (847) 566-3000
High School marks a significant transition for students. Their choice, initiative, and commitment all design the path for their future.
At Carmel Catholic High School, we recognize the value of this opportunity and provide our students with the support and resources to excel in their academic, athletic, and artistic pursuits while developing an awareness of their potential to serve, lead, and contribute.
Our rich tradition of academic distinction and vibrant Catholic identity are matched by our innovative programming crafted to prepare our students to develop minds to lead and hearts to serve in our global society. Explore the difference at Carmel Catholic High School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||1,107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Carmel Catholic High School is a Catholic, college preparatory secondary school for young men and women from ninth through twelfth grades. Every student to us is a unique and worth individual with great potential waiting to be discovered and harnessed. We value and encourage creativity and we provide a loving and supportive environment where every student can feel successful as a person. We firmly believe that a young person learns from his or her total experience of the school setting, so we strive to address the religious, academic, social, psychological, and physical development of the young person through the school's programs, courses and policies. We foster lifelong faith, learning, and development of an individual's talents and skills. Carmel Catholic is primarily a college preparatory school, providing a program of excellence for students. In addition to being an academic institution, we are a community which fosters respect for diversity, mutual growth and development. This Carmel Catholic community extends the challenge to lead productive lives which reflect religious and civic values.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arlington Heights Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 392-4050 12.4 9-12
- Lake Zurich Grades: NS-5 | 480 students
60 Quentin Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847) 438-4494 5.7 NS-5
- Wheaton Grades: 9-12 | 731 students
2130 W Roosevelt Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630) 668-5800 29.8 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 539-3600 27 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 1373 students
1076 West Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 421-5900 32.9 9-12
Excellent college prep school that has broad academic, athletic and fine arts programs. Both of my children attend and they really enjoy going to school and have grown from their experiences. The support from teachers, counselors and fellow students and parents provides a community of learners. School spirit is strong and is thankful for the commitment from Carmel to provide the best educational experience in Lake County, IL.
- Posted by Parent - Satisfied Carmel Parent
Extraordinary! Worth every penny. My child is soaring academically. Most teachers have a master's degree; some are Ph.Ds. Certain AP classes now book as actually college credit at Loyola University. Great sports programs. All freshman take the pre-ACT for free. My child can't wait to go to school. The service hours helped him grow morally, and he really enjoyed the opportunities. He has joined several academic teams. My son is finally challenged. He is taking junior-level math, and is on the Honors track; the public high school would have tracked him as college prep. He is on track for the Ivies. Nicest parents and students. No drama. Worth every penny. Come shadow at Carmel and see what your child achieves!
- Posted by Parent - Freshman mom
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.