Prince Of Peace School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Prince of Peace Catholic School offers "Excellence in Education" for students Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- National Blue Ribbon School in 2014. Located in Lake Villa, Illinois, Prince of Peace has been offering a Catholic based education since 1955.
- The school limits itself to one class per grade and no more than 30 students per class.
- Over 50% of the education staff have received Masters Degrees in Education and the staff averages 14 years of teaching service to the school.
- Prince of Peace offers Art, Music, Spanish, and Band programs, along with a modern computer science lab.
- In sports, it offers Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field for its Junior High students, grades 5th thru 8th, in the very competitive Northern Illinois Catholic Conference
- A small school,by design, in the fast growing North Suburbs of Chicago.
- A school where every student counts and every student and family matters.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(red or gray school polo shirts, black pants, school skort or skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K:$1725 for 2 days a week ,$2200 for 3days $2725 for 5days K-8th Grade 1-Child- $4485, 2 Children- $7585 3- Children- $9975, 4 Children and Up- $10770 (All Fees Included for Technology, Books, , and Registration for 2013-2014School Year).Out of pa|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Coding Club, Engineering Club, Garden Club, Girl Scouts, POP Rocket Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Drama Club, School Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls On The Run
- Prince of Peace Catholic School offers "Excellence in Education" for students Pre-K through 8th Grade. Located in Lake Villa, Illinois, Prince of Peace has been offering a Catholic based education since 1955. The school limits itself to one class per grade and no more than 30 students per class. Over 50% of the education staff have received Masters Degrees in Education and the staff averages 14 years of teaching service to the school. Prince of Peace offers Art, Music, Spanish, and Band programs, along with a Modern Computer Science Lab. In sports, it offers Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field for its Junior High students, grades 5th thru 8th, in the very competitive Fox Valley Catholic Conference. A small school,by design, in the fast growing North Suburbs of Chicago. A school where every student counts and every student and family matters.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wadsworth Grades: PK-8 | 508 students
15020 W Wadsworth Rd
Wadsworth, IL 60083
(847)623-8446 7.6 PK-8
- Grayslake Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
231 E Belvidere Rd
Grayslake, IL 60030
(847)223-8600 5.5 PK-8
- Lake Forest Grades: 6-12
840 S. Waukegan Road, Suite 224
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)295-4039 16.5 6-12
My children have attended Prince of Peace since preschool and now are upper grade students and a proud graduate.The school gets better each year! The professional and caring Principal, teachers and staff are concerned with each child's education and go above and beyond to create a nurturing faith filled environment. Add to that dedicated parent volunteers and the beautiful new facility and it becomes an even better educational choice. My oldest, now a freshman in high school, has told us on several occasions how prepared for high school she was because of Prince of Peace. She is in all honors and AP classes and is able to succeed because of the strong foundation, she received at Prince of Peace. Prince of Peace prepared our daughter academically, socially and spiritually for her current and future success. So proud that our school was selected as a 2014 Blue Ribbon School!
- Posted by Parent - pgood
We have been a part of the Prince of Peace family for over 9 years. The curriculum is strong and gets the students ready for high school.They have done an excellent job of providing differentiation and challenge for my math / science focused child. The staff have also always shown interest in her activities and development as a person. This little power house of a school is a close knit community. Plus the new community life center addition adds fantastic gym space, new library and computer center. I would recommend Prince of Peace without a moment's hesitation.
- Posted by Parent - stefa
Prince of Peace has highly qualified teacher who work with a vigorous curriculum to meet the needs of each student. We education the spirt, heart and mind of each child.
- Posted by Administrator - bbrow
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.