Prince Of Peace School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Prince of Peace Catholic School offers "Excellence in Education" for students Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- National Blue Ribbon School in 2014. Located in Lake Villa, Illinois, Prince of Peace has been offering a Catholic based education since 1955.
- The school limits itself to one class per grade and no more than 30 students per class.
- Over 50% of the education staff have received Masters Degrees in Education and the staff averages 14 years of teaching service to the school.
- Prince of Peace offers Art, Music, Spanish, and Band programs, along with a modern computer science lab.
- In sports, it offers Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field for its Junior High students, grades 5th thru 8th, in the very competitive Northern Illinois Catholic Conference
- A small school,by design, in the fast growing North Suburbs of Chicago.
- A school where every student counts and every student and family matters.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(red or gray school polo shirts, black pants, school skort or skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K:$1725 for 2 days a week ,$2200 for 3days $2725 for 5days K-8th Grade 1-Child- $4485, 2 Children- $7585 3- Children- $9975, 4 Children and Up- $10770 (All Fees Included for Technology, Books, , and Registration for 2013-2014School Year).Out of pa|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Brown|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Garden Club, Girl Scouts, Girls On The Run, POP Rocket Club, School Choir, Student Council, Yearbook Club Art, Band, Boy Scouts, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Club, Garden Club, Girl Scouts, School Choir, Yearbook Club, Engineering Club,|
Girls On The Run,
POP Rocket Club,
- Prince of Peace Catholic School offers "Excellence in Education" for students Pre-K through 8th Grade. Located in Lake Villa, Illinois, Prince of Peace has been offering a Catholic based education since 1955. The school limits itself to one class per grade and no more than 30 students per class. Over 50% of the education staff have received Masters Degrees in Education and the staff averages 14 years of teaching service to the school. Prince of Peace offers Art, Music, Spanish, and Band programs, along with a Modern Computer Science Lab. In sports, it offers Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field for its Junior High students, grades 5th thru 8th, in the very competitive Fox Valley Catholic Conference. A small school,by design, in the fast growing North Suburbs of Chicago. A school where every student counts and every student and family matters.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WadsworthGrades: PK-8 | 633 students
15020 W Wadsworth Rd
Wadsworth, IL 60083
- ZionGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
1800 23rd St
Zion, IL 60099
- GrayslakeGrades: PK-8 | 429 students
231 E Belvidere Rd
Grayslake, IL 60030
- Lake ForestGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
13911 W. Laurel Drive
Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Lake ForestGrades: 6-12
840 S. Waukegan Road, Suite 224
Lake Forest, IL 60045
My children have attended Prince of Peace since preschool and now are upper grade students and a proud graduate.The school gets better each year! The professional and caring Principal, teachers and staff are concerned with each child's education and go above and beyond to create a nurturing faith filled environment. Add to that dedicated parent volunteers and the beautiful new facility and it becomes an even better educational choice. My oldest, now a freshman in high school, has told us on several occasions how prepared for high school she was because of Prince of Peace. She is in all honors and AP classes and is able to succeed because of the strong foundation, she received at Prince of Peace. Prince of Peace prepared our daughter academically, socially and spiritually for her current and future success. So proud that our school was selected as a 2014 Blue Ribbon School!
- Posted by Parent - pgood
We have been a part of the Prince of Peace family for over 9 years. The curriculum is strong and gets the students ready for high school.They have done an excellent job of providing differentiation and challenge for my math / science focused child. The staff have also always shown interest in her activities and development as a person. This little power house of a school is a close knit community. Plus the new community life center addition adds fantastic gym space, new library and computer center. I would recommend Prince of Peace without a moment's hesitation.
- Posted by Parent - stefa
Prince of Peace has highly qualified teacher who work with a vigorous curriculum to meet the needs of each student. We education the spirt, heart and mind of each child.
- Posted by Administrator - bbrow
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.