Lake Forest Country Day School
- At Lake Forest Country Day School, we are dedicated to providing the best possible educational environment for our students in preschool through eighth grade by remaining committed to our mission to building students of strong character with a passion for learning.
- Our mission is: Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship.
- These principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning. Our teachers and parents work together in the belief that each person in our community is of unique and infinite value and that a rigorous academic program responsive to the interest and readiness of each student is the foundation for a lifetime of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||416 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lands End School Clothing Program)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$5,210 to $29,985|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Judith Arnstein|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Horstmann|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Squash, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Lake Forest Country Day School delivers a diverse and rich educational experience grounded in academics, arts, and athletics to two-year-old through eighth-grade students. The LFCDS Experience ensures that talented teachers will inspire and challenge individual students at the top of their abilities, according to their needs. At LFCDS, students from over 30 communities thrive in a state-of-the-art, hands-on learning environment that encourages self-expression and confidence through inspired teaching, academic rigor, individualized attention, and responsible citizenship. Two important beliefs are at the heart of the teaching philosophy: social and emotional development is inextricably linked with academic achievement; and experiential learning creates a foundation for deeper understanding.
- According to Head of School Bob Whelan, "Teaching and learning are not by rote here. The classrooms, technology offerings, laboratories, art spaces and playing fields all serve as vital staging grounds for a rich program, designed to prepare LFCDS graduates to be compassionate, independent thinkers with a strong sense of personal integrity and intellectual curiosity." Highlighted by a better than 7:1 student/faculty ratio, an LFCDS education sets the stage for a bright future in secondary school and beyond, with twenty percent of LFCDS graduates attending colleges and universities ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News and World Report.
- For more information about the LFCDS Experience, please visit www.lfcds.org or call the Admission Office at (847) 615-6151.Our Open House season for the 2017-2018 school year is complete. To the extent that space is available, we welcome applications throughout the year. Please call the Admission Office at (847) 615-6151 to learn more or to schedule a personal tour.
- LFCDS will also host a Fall Special Speaker Series with two New York Times best-sellers at the school that will be open to the public. On Tuesday, September 26, we welcome Marc Brackett, Ph.D., Director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and Professor in the Child Study Center at Yale University. Dr. Brackett's grant-funded research focuses on the role of emotional intelligence in learning, decision making, relationship quality, wellbeing, and academic performance. On Thursday, October 26, LFCDS will host New York Times best-selling author Dr. Lisa Damour, whose book Untangles: Guilding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions Into Adulthood has quickly become the informed and engaging go-to guide of teeenage girls.To register visit: www.lfcds.org/speakerseries.
- People that viewed Lake Forest Country Day School also viewed these schools: Montessori School Of Long Grove.