Woodlands Academy Of The Sacred Heart
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, founded in 1858, is an independent, Catholic, boarding and day, college preparatory school for young women, grades 9-12, who wish to pursue a course of study committed to academic excellence within the context of a faith-based community.
- As a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools in the United States, Woodlands Academy commits itself to educate to a personal and active faith in God; a deep respect for intellectual values; a social awareness which impels to action; the building of community as a Christian value; and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Forest Grades: 9-12 | 433 students
1500 W Kennedy Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)615-3248 2.9 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 480 students
7500 W Talcott Ave
Chicago, IL 60631
(773)775-6616 16.8 9-12
- Winnetka Grades: PK-12 | 545 students
310 Green Bay Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
(847)446-0674 10.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.