North Shore Country Day School
- Since our founding in 1919, North Shore has been an exceptional environment for teaching and learning.
- With rigorous academic pursuit as the cornerstone, North Shore provides a wealth of opportunities for all students to excel - in the classroom and the laboratory, on the stage and the playing field, and in their communities.
- Just as our students are well rounded, so too are our faculty, who bring a variety of talents to the School.
- North Shore Country Day School is a JK-12 community rooted in tradition that challenges each member to develop a passion for active, life-long learning and respect for others.
- Committed to academic excellence, the partnership of students, faculty, parents and alumni fosters intellectually curious, independent and critical thinkers.
- We embrace diversity, knowing we are enriched by different backgrounds, voices and talents.
- The full participation of each student in academics, athletics, arts and activities is a core value.
- We develop self-confident, ethical citizens of the world who embody our motto, Live and Serve.
North Shore Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,415|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition 2020-2021JK (1) $12,575 JK (2) $16,875 JK (3) $18,975 SK $21,550 1st - 5th $26,050 6th - 8th $29,075 9th-11th $31,650 12th $31,750JK (1): Mornings only JK (2): Tues. - Thurs. full day, with Mon. and Fri. morning only JK (3): F|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,500|
|Admissions Director||Jason Giffen|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Olson|
|Endowment Size||$24 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Forest Grades: 9-12 | 435 students
1500 W Kennedy Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847)615-3248 12.6 9-12
- Arlington Heights Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)392-4050 12.2 9-12
- Oak Park Grades: 9-12 | 1196 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708)386-0127 15.3 9-12
- Arlington Heights Grades: K-9 | 232 students
2550 N Arlington Heights Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)590-5700 13 K-9
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.