North Shore Country Day School
- Since our founding in 1919, North Shore has been an exceptional environment for teaching and learning.
- With rigorous academic pursuit as the cornerstone, North Shore provides a wealth of opportunities for all students to excel - in the classroom and the laboratory, on the stage and the playing field, and in their communities.
- Just as our students are well rounded, so too are our faculty, who bring a variety of talents to the School.
- North Shore Country Day School is a JK-12 community rooted in tradition that challenges each member to develop a passion for active, life-long learning and respect for others.
- Committed to academic excellence, the partnership of students, faculty, parents and alumni fosters intellectually curious, independent and critical thinkers.
- We embrace diversity, knowing we are enriched by different backgrounds, voices and talents.
- The full participation of each student in academics, athletics, arts and activities is a core value.
- We develop self-confident, ethical citizens of the world who embody our motto, Live and Serve.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition 2017-2018JK (1) $12,575 JK (2) $16,875 JK (3) $18,975 SK $21,550 1st - 5th $26,050 6th - 8th $29,075 9th-11th $31,650 12th $31,750JK (1): Mornings only JK (2): Tues. - Thurs. full day, with Mon. and Fri. morning only JK (3): F|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,500|
|Admissions Director||Jason Giffen|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Olson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake ForestGrades: 9-12 | 441 students
1500 W Kennedy Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Oak ParkGrades: 9-12 | 1184 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
- Arlington HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 988 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
- ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 1130 students
59 W North Blvd
Chicago, IL 60610
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.