Regina Dominican High School
- Regina Dominican, a college preparatory Catholicschoolforwomen, sponsored by the Adrian Dominicans,fostersacademicexcellence, truth, peace and justice whilechallenging eachstudentto develop leadership for life and respectfor all races,culturesand faiths.
- We draw from over 40 zip codes, across public andprivateelementary schools and 20suburbs as well as the city ofChicago,providing a diverseenvironment.
- After four years of an academically rigorouseducation,ourstudents graduate with a strong foundation ofknowledge, valuesandleadership skills necessary to support themthrough theircollegeyears and beyond.
Regina Dominican High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017, 2018|
|Total Students||281 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, French IV, French V, Latin Vergil, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish IV, Spanish V, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform skirt or pant, polo shirt, crew or knee socks.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,975|
|Tuition Notes||Books, classroom fees and athletic fees extra.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Fuentes|
|Admissions Associate||Ellie Rich|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors Club, Art Club, Biology Club, Class Leadership Boards, Crown (Student Newspaper), Digital Media Club, Dominican Preachers, Drama Club, Environmental Club, French Club, French National Honor Society, GLOW Club, International Thespian Society, Kaleidoscope, Korean Club, Latin Club, Mathletes, National Art Honors Society, National Forensics League, National Honor Society, Orchesis Dance, Peer Leaders, Reginites for Life, Spanish Club, Spanish National Honor Society, Student Council, Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering Club (WYSE), Yearbook, Young Republicans and Young Democrats, Youth Ministry Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Modern Music Masters (Tri-M)
- College preparatory curriculum provides studentswiththeopportunity to excel in all disciplines comprisingtenacademicdepartments, offering 125 courses, including 15AdvancedPlacementcourses
- Emergent technology at Regina Dominican HighSchoolprovideseffective venues for inquiry and problem solving aspart oftheall-school educational outcomes, including SmartBoardtechnologyand a 1:1 student to iPad ratio, a new Mac Lab inthepublishingsuite and a new Writing LabsupportingReginaDominican'swriting across the curriculum initiative.
- Graduates from the class of 2018 were offered 9.7milliondollarsin scholarships.
- Regina Dominican sponsors more than 20 studentorganizationsandclubs, 5 councils of student government and 7nationalandinternational honors societies
- Regina Dominican offers the largestCatholicsingle-genderathletic program in the state ofIllinois.
- Award-winning publications include the yearbookandCrownnewspaper.
- We are the only single-gender high school in Illinois toofferaLeadership Institute, where students sharpentheirleadershipskills through projects and networking withprofessionalsinleadership positions, and strengthen theirvoice.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 188 students
1501 North Oakley Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60622
(773)276-1261 11.9 9-12
- River Forest Grades: 9-12 | 454 students
7574 Division St
River Forest, IL 60305
(708)771-8383 12.5 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.