Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart
- Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart offers a world-class approach to academic excellence combined with holistic, moral, and spiritual development in a college-preparatory environment at an affordable price to all girls in the heart of Chicago.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Composition, AP Literature, AP Spanish, AP US History,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,720|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,710|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Castrounis|
|Admissions Associate||Rakeeta Hampton|
|Endowment Size||3.3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acapella Group, Baking Club, Club of Social Action, Creative Writing Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Fitness Club, Gardening Club, JAM Session, Josephinum Ambassador Council, Math Club, Model United Nations Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Track Club, Yearbook Acapella Group, Baking Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Fitness Club, Gardening Club, JAM Session, Math Club, Spanish Club, Track Club, Yearbook, Club of Social Action,
Creative Writing Club,
Josephinum Ambassador Council,
Model United Nations Club,
National Honor Society,
- Josephinum is a college-preparatory high school and a proud member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools. Our mission is to empower young women to become confident, faith-filled leaders. We offer a world-class curriculum designed to prepare students to be successful at college and in life.
- In January, 2016, Josephinum was recognized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The freshman class of 2014 will be the first cohort to be fully immersed in the IB curriculum. In the years to follow, all Josephinum students will have the opportunity to pursue the prestigious IB Diploma.
- The IB program, combined with Josephinum`s diverse community and international relationships through the Sacred Heart Network, provide our students with a unique and powerful opportunity to develop a global perspective and hone the skills that are demanded by our rapidly changing world.
- As a Sacred Heart School, Josephinum measures its success one student at a time. We seek to provide an education that meets the needs of the whole child. Our small class sizes and exceptional faculty focus on understanding the unique educational needs of each student, helping her to discover her unique gifts and fostering a passion for excellence in education, service, and faith.
- Having educated more than 5,000 young women in about 120 graduating classes, Josephinum Academy is more than just a school; it is a community that stretches back in time, with Sacred Heart Network sister schools all across the globe.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BurbankGrades: 9-12 | 361 students
7659 Linder Ave
Burbank, IL 60459
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 201 students
2189 W Bowler Street
Chicago, IL 60612
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 429 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 345 students
5088 W Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60644
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017