Josephinum Academy Of The Sacred Heart
Tel: (773) 276-1261
Josephinum Academy of the Sacred Heart offers a world-class approach to academic excellence combined with holistic, moral, and spiritual development in a college-preparatory environment at an affordable price to all girls in the heart of Chicago.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Composition, AP Literature, AP Spanish, AP US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,720|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,710|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Schrantz|
|Admissions Associate||Rakeeta Hampton|
|Endowment Size||$3.3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Club of Social Action, Creative Writing Club, Debate Club, Gardening Club, Josephinum Ambassador Council, Math Club, Model United Nations Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Acapella Group, JAM Session
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Fitness Club, Track Club
- Josephinum is a college-preparatory high school and a proud member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools. Our mission is to empower young women to become confident, faith-filled leaders. We offer a world-class curriculum designed to prepare students to be successful at college and in life.
- In January, 2016, Josephinum was recognized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The freshman class of 2014 will be the first cohort to be fully immersed in the IB curriculum. In the years to follow, all Josephinum students will have the opportunity to pursue the prestigious IB Diploma.
- The IB program, combined with Josephinum`s diverse community and international relationships through the Sacred Heart Network, provide our students with a unique and powerful opportunity to develop a global perspective and hone the skills that are demanded by our rapidly changing world.
- As a Sacred Heart School, Josephinum measures its success one student at a time. We seek to provide an education that meets the needs of the whole child. Our small class sizes and exceptional faculty focus on understanding the unique educational needs of each student, helping her to discover her unique gifts and fostering a passion for excellence in education, service, and faith.
- Having educated more than 5,000 young women in about 120 graduating classes, Josephinum Academy is more than just a school; it is a community that stretches back in time, with Sacred Heart Network sister schools all across the globe.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 415 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
(773) 722-4600 2.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 272 students
2189 W Bowler Street
Chicago, IL 60612
(312) 491-1600 2.7 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 345 students
5088 W Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60644
(773) 261-7505 4.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 434 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 539-3600 2.8 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 165 students
2739-41 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 342-8022 0.7 10-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.