Holy Trinity High School
- Founded in 1910 by the Brothers of Holy Cross, Holy Trinity High School is an independent, Catholic high school educating promising students from across Chicago, regardless of financial need.
- Our scholars graduate ready for college and prepared to lead lives of leadership and service.
- With 350 students, we are a richly diverse and welcoming community where every student is known and valued.We educate both the heart and the mind.
- Holy Trinity offers a rigorous college-prep curriculum while providing our scholars with unparalleled opportunities focused on college readiness and real-world experiences.
- Because we are small by design, we give students personal attention so they can reach their full potential.
- Our education philosophy continues outside the classroom, with a robust offering of clubs, athletic teams, service learning, college prep classes, internships and more.
- As a school community, we are united by our five core Holy Cross values - discipline, integrity, excellence, family, and zeal. Together, our faculty, staff, parents, and donors are personally invested in our students` success.
- With the most extensive scholarship and financial assistance program among Chicago`s private high schools, we are committed to making tuition affordable for every admitted student.
Holy Trinity High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP: Calculus AB, AP: Computer Science Principles, AP: English Language & Composition, AP: English Literature & Composition, AP: Physics 1, AP: Psychology, AP: Spanish Language & Culture, AP: Studio Art - Drawing, AP: U.S. Government & Politics, AP: World History, Dual Credit: American History Since 1865, Dual Credit: Astronomy, Honors: Algebra I, Honors: Algebra II, Honors: Anatomy & Physiology, Honors: Biology, Honors: British Literature & Composition, Honors: Chemistry, Honors: Freshman English, Honors: Geometry, Honors: Junior English, Honors: Pre-Calculus, Honors: Psychology, Honors: Sophomore English, Honors: Spanish III, Honors: U.S. History, Honors: World History|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,100|
|Tuition Notes||We offer extensive scholarships and financial assistance, with funding available for both need and merit.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brian Parker|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Bannon|
|Endowment Size||$0.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors Club, AV Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Black Student Umoja, Book Club, Chess Club, Club Raices, Debate, Girl Empowerment, Link Crew, Math Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Ministry, Pet Club, Robotics Club, Step Up & Project Coach, Student Government Organization, Virtual Tigers Computer Gaming Club, Yearbook, Yoga Club, Young Alumni Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Artistry Guild, Dance Team, Drama Club, Gospel Choir, Poetry Club
- At Holy Trinity, students always come first. Our motivation is focused on success both inside and outside the classroom. This commitment is rooted in the values of the Brothers of Holy Cross. For over 100 years, we have constantly challenged ourselves to do better for our students. Whether that involves introducing challenging classes to our curriculum, adding to our roster of extracurricular activities, or building new state-of-the-art science labs, we know that Holy Trinity must constantly move from strength to strength to benefit our students. That is our promise to you and every student who walks through our doors. College is the next step for our students. Since 2006, 100 percent of Holy Trinity seniors have been accepted into college. All Holy Trinity students receive a challenging college-prep curriculum, personalized attention, strong moral guidance and support, and access to a rich abundance of opportunities: from sports and clubs to music and the arts, and even corporate internships. Our disciplined and caring approach creates a learning environment that educates both the hearts and minds of our scholars and prepares them for a bright future. We invite you to take a closer look. Learn more at holytrinity-hs.org/visit.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 570 students
1852 W 22nd Pl
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)890-6800 3.6 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 905 students
3434 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
(312)842-7355 5.4 9-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)881-6700 14.6 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 673 students
10001 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60655
(773)429-4300 13.6 9-12
I love being a student here, it is very divers. I have not only made many friends, I've felt like I belong. The staff is very friendly and the teachers help us with anything we need.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Susi Delgado
Holy Trinity gives a good selection course of activity pleasures. They offer Theater (which I am interested in),AV club which controls the sound booth, and poetry club,etc etc.. Holy Trinity is the best choice I've made and I bet it'll be the best that you would ever make.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Desinae
Here at Holy Trinity we are able to be ourselves and the teachers are very helpful, they stay as late as possible and even support the students at sporting events.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tony Davenport Jr
Holy Trinity was most definitely the best choice for my son to attend. He`s currently a sophomore and I`m so grateful for this school. My son plays in the soccer team, has some honors classes, plays the trumpet in advanced Band and Is taking Spanish class this year. I think the small class sizes really do help. Staff is nice and pleasant to talk to. The best part is that I feel we (my son and I) both feel like this school is one huge family.
- Posted by Parent - Josie Lopez.
Great! Challenging school that provides support to every student! Teachers even stay late to help students if they has a question or struggling with something!
- Posted by Parent - Monica
There's no place I'd rather spend my high school career
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 2019
Going to Holy Trinity was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It was not my first choice, but as an upcoming junior, I am very happy I decided to go to such an amazing school.The teachers here are always there for you whenever you need them whether it be before or after school. I am pushed out of my comfort zone in order to not only succeed but to exceed my personal goals. Being in their honors B-STEM program I am presented with so many great opportunities I never imagined I could receive. They have a wonderful variety of clubs and sports that they motivate their students to join. At the end of every year, they hold an assembly for the students in order to recognize all their accomplishments in academics and sports. This really makes us feel valued and motivated to do even better. We are a family! We are HT!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Aaron Trinidad'20
As a student, Holy Trinity has given me many opportunities and now as an alumni, I am giving back by interning with the director of marketing and receiving experiences in the field I am currently studying at my University.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Cecily
I have a rising Senior and Sophmore at HT. I love the small class sizes, extracurricular activities, and challenging courses. Last but not least, the amazing staff. Private education was something I always wanted for my children, but didn't think I could afford it. Holy Trinity has many opportunities for every family from different financial backgrounds which leaves no kid behind when it comes to private education. So if you are thinking twice due to the financial aspect, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. They partner with many great organizations who provide scholarships for students who qualify as well.
- Posted by Parent - S. Phillips
Holy Trinity is a small, but growing, high school full of character. The teachers and staff stay past 6 on most days and are more devoted than any teachers I've ever met. This school does not fail when it comes to growing your child's education and their heart. HT is the place to be!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lavelle Brown
As a rising senior, I can say that Holy Trinity has prepared me for the best. Holy Trinity is challenging when it comes to academics but thankfully we have resources around the school. We have teachers that stay longer after school to help their students or when a teacher isn't available we have a Resource Learning center with tutors and full access to computers.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yosi
Holy Trinity High School is a unique school. The small setting makes it easy to get to know teachers and make new friends. It provides a comfortable space for students to bloom and become the best versions of themselves.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashley