The Chicago Academy For The Arts
- The Chicago Academy for the Arts is a nationally recognized independent high school for the performing and visual arts. Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center, The Academy offers students the opportunity to engage in a unique co-curricular program: rigorous, college-preparatory academic classes and professional-level arts training in the context of an unparalleled school culture.
- The Academy`s school day consists of six 45-minute academic periods followed by a three-plus hour immersion in a student's chosen arts department: Dance, Media Arts (filmmaking, animation, creative writing), Music, Musical Theatre, Theatre, and Visual Arts. At The Chicago Academy for the Arts, young artists master the skills necessary for academic success, critical thought, and creative expression.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$595|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,095|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees include department, student services, activities, field trips, books, supplies, facilities, international, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kitsana Salyphone|
|Admissions Associate||Jessica Phelan|
At the Chicago Academy for the Arts, young artists master the skills necessary for academic success, critical thought and creative expression.It`s a place where the arts matter. It's a place that doesn`t just teach the arts, but encourages students to engage in, devour and fully live them. It's a place that believes each individual`s voice is valuable. It's a place where academia and artistry don't exist in separate worlds, but intertwine every day to create a holistic learning experience.
- Over 70% of our college acceptances were to institutions ranked in the Top 300 Colleges and Universities by Forbes Magazine.
- Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
3434 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
(312)842-7355 4.7 9-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)881-6700 14.2 PK-12
- Arlington Heights Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)392-4050 21.2 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 22 students
1111 N Wells St Fl 4
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)573-8854 1.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 563 students
1852 W 22nd Pl
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)890-6836 3.2 9-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.