The Chicago Academy For The Arts
- The Chicago Academy for the Arts is an independent arts high school, offering six courses of study: Dance, Media Arts, Music, Musical Theatre, Theatre, and Visual Arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,175|
|Tuition Notes||In addition to fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kitsana Salyphone|
- At the Chicago Academy for the Arts, young artists master the skills necessary for academic success, critical thought and creative expression.It`s a place where the arts matter. It's a place that doesn`t just teach the arts, but encourages students to engage in, devour and fully live them. It's a place that believes each individual`s voice is valuable. It's a place where academia and artistry don't exist in separate worlds, but intertwine every day to create a holistic learning experience.
- Over 70% of our college acceptances were to institutions ranked in the Top 300 Colleges and Universities by Forbes Magazine.
- Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
- ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 915 students
3434 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
- Arlington HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 988 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.