St Helen School
- St. Helen School strives to educate the whole child. In doing so, a spiritual, academic, and social foundation is created.
- This formation, rooted in Gospel values, enables the graduate to develop as a responsible Christian citizen.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 493 students
1439 W Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)348-4629 2.8 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)266-3381 2.6 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
1335 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60607
(312)243-0977 1.7 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.