Alphonsus Academy & Center For The Arts
- Alphonsus Academy is a school with a 120-year history of providing Catholic education to students in the Lakeview area.
- In December of 2002, all parish groups including the Parish Council, the Finance Council, and School Board, decided to go forth with a new name: Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts. This change included a new focus on integrating the arts into our core content areas as well as enhancing our parallel art classes.
- Our goal since then has been to use the arts as a vehicle to create new learning opportunities and enhance existing learning opportunities in order to increase academic achievement for all students.
- AACA has embraced a unique mission to build an arts integrated curriculum complimented by a strong parallel arts class program.
- A faith-based Catholic education is still central to the AACA story, but our arts focus allows our children to engage in learning experiences that build critical thinking skills and apply those skills to real-life situations.
- This crossover and transfer of skills is one of the primary reasons for engaging in an art-integrated curriculum approach: students experience higher levels of academic success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||480 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,070|
|Tuition Notes||$8,070 for K - 8th. Preschool varies from $$8,860 to $10,290 depending on days and times.|
|Admissions Director||Mary G Bodlak|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Art Club, Chess Club, Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, Lego Club, Little Linguists Spanish/Mandarin, Robotics, Running Club, Story Adventures, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, Dance Club, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aikido, Girls on the Run, intramural sports, Yoga
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 420 students
2524 N Orchard St
Chicago, IL 60614
- ChicagoGrades: PK-KG | 199 students
1651 W Diversey Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60614
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 402 students
2347 W Augusta Blvd
Chicago, IL 60622
- ChicagoGrades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
4910 N Claremont Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.