Gaston Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Gaston Christian School Photo #5 - Elementary students dressed as though they were 100-years-old for the 100th day of school.
Gaston Christian School Photo #6 - Elementary band students take advantage of a beautiful afternoon to have practice outside.
Gaston Christian School Photo #8 - 27 Varsity sports, Middle school and JV sports, Member of the Metrolina Athletic Conference and North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association. Youth sports program called Junior Eagles for K-5th students.
- The mission of Gaston Christian School is Prepare People Teach Truth Glorify God. Founded in 1980, GCS is the largest, non-denominational private school in Gaston Co. Every day approximately 900 students in Preschol - 12th grade come to our 66 acre campus for a college preparatory academic program taught from a distintively biblical worldview.
Gaston Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||847 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Lang. and Comp., AP Statistics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1418|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Average Percentile SSAT||25%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||3168 - 8940 P/S - 12th grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lindsay Lockett|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Interact, International Club, International Thespian Society, Junior Heart Board, Mock Trial, National Beta Club, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Quiz Bowl, Spirit Club, Student Gov. Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Chorus, Costuming, Drama, Technical Drama
- Gaston Christian School, founded in 1980, is a nondenominational, college-preparatory school serving students in grades Preschool-12th grade. Gaston Christian School is located on a 66 acre college-like campus, including a newly constructed Fine Arts Center, six tennis courts, and an eight lane track around the lighted soccer complex. Gaston Christian School is recognized as one of the finest facilities in this region.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cramerton Grades: PK-12 | 431 students
426 Woodlawn Ave
Cramerton, NC 28032
(704)824-2840 1.1 PK-12
- Gastonia Grades: PK-12 | 133 students
310 Carolina Ave
Gastonia, NC 28052
(704)865-7132 5.3 PK-12
- Fort Mill Grades: NS-12 | 36 students
377 Rubin Center Dr. Suite 124
Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803)802-2642 19.1 NS-12
I have three kids at the school and each with varying degrees of attributes and talents. Gaston Christian has met each one of them at their level and made them a better student, a better citizen, and a better person. The people there believe that through God's Word people can be made whole. Thank you, Gaston Christian for being a light in a dark world!
- Posted by Parent - GCS Parent
I am thrilled with the academics my child receives along with the Biblical principles! The sports, clubs, and after school activities make for a well rounded child! Thanks GCS!
- Posted by Parent - tarhe
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.