Gaston Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1967, Gaston Day School is a nonsectarian, college-preparatory school for grades pre-school through 12 with approximately 500 students and 65 full and part-time faculty and staff.
- Gaston Day attracts students from a five county area including Gaston, Mecklenburg, Lincoln, Cleveland, and York and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- It is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the North Carolina Association of Independent schools and approved by the North Carolina Department of Education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Academy|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Average SAT score||1280|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$4,550 - $15,450|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Davidson Hobson|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Gibson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bloggers Club, Blutopia, Chess Club, Classics Club, Drama Club, French Club, Girls on the Run, iGem (International Genetically Engineered Machines), Middle School Literary Magazine, Peer Mentoring, Public Debate Club, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Government (middle and upper schools), The Point, Theatre Arts, Upper School Literay and Arts Magazine, Yearbook Bloggers Club, Blutopia, Chess Club, Classics Club, Drama Club, French Club, Peer Mentoring, Spanish Club, The Point, Theatre Arts, Yearbook, Girls on the Run,|
iGem (International Genetically Engineered Machines),
Middle School Literary Magazine,
Public Debate Club,
Student Government (middle and upper schools),
Upper School Literay and Arts Magazine,
- Founded in 1967, Gaston Day School is a nonsectarian, college-preparatory school for grades pre-kindergarten through 12 with approximately 500 students and 65 full and part-time faculty and staff. Gaston Day attracts students from a five county area including Gaston, Mecklenburg, Lincoln, Cleveland, and York and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. It is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the North Carolina Association of Independent schools and approved by the North Carolina Department of Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CramertonGrades: PK-12 | 468 students
426 Woodlawn Ave
Cramerton, NC 28032
- GastoniaGrades: PK-8
704 St. Michael's Lane
Gastonia, NC 28052
- GastoniaGrades: NS-12 | 939 students
1625 Lowell Bethesda Rd
Gastonia, NC 28056
- Bessemer CityGrades: K-12 | 223 students
616 Athenia Place
Bessemer City, NC 28016
- GastoniaGrades: PK-K | 86 students
Po Box 12367
Gastonia, NC 28052
Gaston Day has been an excellent choice for our family. School faculty and staff have gone out of their way to make our transition into the high school comfortable and welcoming. The teachers are energetic and interested in the needs of each child. Thanks to the smaller size, they are able to individualize learning effectiveness. Instilling intellectual passion is also important and the teachers and staff model that for the students. I feel confident that we have found the perfect school!
- Posted by Parent - Suzanne
Choosing Gaston Day School for our son has been the best decision we have ever made. From the first time we set foot on campus, it has felt like home. The hospitality shown by students, faculty and staff, and families is second to none, the academics are challenging and teachers support students' learning, the food is top notch (an important component to a growing boy), and the campus and athletics facilities are beautiful. The campus grounds are breathtaking and allow for an outdoor classroom experience with authentic learning opportunities. For a school of its size the advanced academic classes, music, art, theater, and sports opportunities are exemplary. We look forward to watching our son grow academically, athletically, and as a citizen of the community through his experience at Gaston Day School. Gaston Day is living its mission and values and we are proud to be a part of the Gaston Day family.
- Posted by Parent - Gaston Day Family
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.