Westminster Catawba Christian School
5.00 (13 reviews)
- As a ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church, WCCS exists to educate students to bless our world as disciples of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||493 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Average SAT score||1137|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Infant - 12th Grade tuition ranges from $2,065 - $11,410 per year.|
|Admissions Director||Jane Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Marksmanship, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Bible Studies, Big Fish/Little Fish Mentorship Program, National Honor Society, Student Council Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Theater/Spring Musical, Video/Broadcasting
- A WCCS education is God-centered. It must be exceptional as our King deserves our very best. It must be biblically-based and God-focused as our students need to know and apply the Truth. It must develop the gifts of our students so that they would serve the King (Jesus) in His Kingdom.
- A WCCS education is other-focused. It must be consistent with God's call to serve rather than be served and cultivate a love for God and our neighbor. It must expose our students to the "gap" between the way things are and the way things could/should be throughout our world, inspiring students to fulfill their calling in closing that gap.
- A WCCS education is Kingdom-minded. It must encourage students to know the King (Jesus) personally and follow Him as they apply their education to life. It must instill a passion for sharing and defending the gospel to further God's Kingdom. It must enable our greatest joy to see our students "walking in the truth".
- Westminster Catawba Christian School approaches every area of life from a biblical world view, and nowhere is this more critically foundational than in the design of the curriculum. Students receive a comprehensive education which includes biblical studies at every grade level along with science, math, language arts, social studies, and enrichments in art, music, foreign language, computer, physical education, and library.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rock Hill Grades: NS-12 | 260 students
505 University Dr
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803)328-1816 2.7 NS-12
- Fort Mill Grades: K-12 | 141 students
375 Star Light Dr.
Fort Mill, SC 29715
(803)547-3223 8.5 K-12
- Fort Mill Grades: NS-12 | 36 students
377 Rubin Center Dr. Suite 124
Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803)802-2642 4.9 NS-12
We have been at WCCS for nine years. We love WCCS! The teachers and staff are so supportive and truly love each child. We are very grateful for the small class sizes that give more opportunity for one-on-one attention. The faculty and administration are completely invested in the lives of each child, not only to provide the most valuable education, but to do so while living a Christ- centered life. They encourage and teach our children how to use their unique gifts and individual talents to glorify God. They have been an amazing partner with us in our children's education and in their lives. We highly recommend WCCS!!
- Posted by Parent - Sherri B.
WCCS has been such a blessing to our children! We are thankful for the Christ-centered education they are receiving and for the loving, caring teachers who bring out the best in our children. WCCS offers so many opportunities for all students and the small class size makes it possible for teachers to give each child the attention he/she needs and deserves. Our children have had the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports, fine arts, student council and other extracurricular activities that help them grow to be well-rounded individuals. We love WCCS!
- Posted by Parent - Lynn
I have alumna and currently have two children attending WCCS. We have been a part of WCCS for five years now and love this school so much. The teachers are all exemplary. Their love for the children and for education is remarkable. My children are happy to be in school, and I love that they are getting an amazing education from a Christian foundation and worldview. In my opinion, WCCS is the best Christian school in the Rock Hill area!
- Posted by Parent - Audrey
I am an alumna and now parent of WCCS. I'm so grateful to send my boys to a school where they are known individually and have the promises of God poured into them daily. The school equips students for success in this world and more importantly, the next.
- Posted by Parent - Anna D.
I have three children attending WCCS! We have been a part of the WCCS family for four years and have had such an amazing Christ filled education that I had to leave a great review! From the teachers, staff, students, and environment I know with confidence they are growing as disciples for Christ!
- Posted by Parent - Krystal Teague
We enrolled our daughter at WCCS when she was in 3-year-old preschool; she is now in 11th grade. At every stage of her education, we have found consistency in the God-centered atmosphere. The teachers really know and deeply care for their students and their students' families in a way that has continued to impress me year after year. The families within the school know each other and truly care about the well being of their child's classmates. If you are looking for a Christian education for your student (s), I highly recommend that you look into all that is offered at WCCS.
- Posted by Parent - Polly Baker
I can't tell you what a blessing this school has been to our family! Our kids learn to love learning, and the teachers encouraging critical thinking, problem-solving, and application of material. The academic standards are high and rigorous, but everything is done in a loving, grace-filled way. My children get individualized attention from their teachers and they truly feel loved and cared for by them at all levels (elementary, middle, high school). It's a warm, honoring, Christ-focused environment, and my children are truly learning what it means to have a vibrant relationship with Christ. I love this school!!
- Posted by Parent - alhin
This school is amazing! As a parent, it's wonderful to have both academic and spiritual opportunities for my child to experience. The teachers are wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - Lholl
I love how well rounded this school is. Christian values, small classes, great extracurricular and enrichments classes/activities, dedicated teachers, casual environment, and best of all the spirit that all children are special as God's children. This school focuses on the truth that each child is unique and special and can succeed in life based on their uniqueness-not only because they get straight As, excel in sports, or have amazing talents . The school does not adhere to a societal view of success, but a Christlike view of success! Love is apparent here. Academics are strong! We have loved it thus far and we have a second grader and a Kindergartener at WCCS.
- Posted by Parent - mommy
WCCS recently hosted Pastors Appreciation Day during chapel. It was amazing to see over 30 pastors from different churches attend the chapel service, and then gather with students from their congregation to pray with them. I am so glad that WCCS addresses students’ spiritual needs while at the same time offering strong academic training.
- Posted by Parent - Hal4s
There is a fresh new feel on campus with the new administration. The academics have always been strong and the opportunities to engage in fine arts activites or athletics are plentiful. The classes are small, so the students are well known and get more individualized attention. There is a renewed emphasis on being authentic about the Christian faith. What a blessing!
- Posted by Teacher - mhalv
I love this school!! We won the state championship for volleyball. We have Natioanl Merit scholars. My friends are getting into the colleges they want. It is awesome!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - maren
The individual attention our children get in the classroom is amazing. The "spiritual temperature" is higher than other christian schools we have been a part of. Our children have loved their experiences there.
- Posted by Parent - denni
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.