Westminster Catawba Christian School
5.00 (7 reviews)
- As a ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church, WCCS exists to educate students to bless our world as disciples of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||520 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jane Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Marksmanship, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Bible Studies, Big Fish/Little Fish Mentorship Program, Environmental Club, National Honor Society, Student Council Association
Arts and Music Programs:
- A WCCS education is God-centered. It must be exceptional as our King deserves our very best. It must be biblically-based and God-focused as our students need to know and apply the Truth. It must develop the gifts of our students so that they would serve the King (Jesus) in His Kingdom.
- A WCCS education is other-focused. It must be consistent with God's call to serve rather than be served and cultivate a love for God and our neighbor. It must expose our students to the "gap" between the way things are and the way things could/should be throughout our world, inspiring students to fulfill their calling in closing that gap.
- A WCCS education is Kingdom-minded. It must encourage students to know the King (Jesus) personally and follow Him as they apply their education to life. It must instill a passion for sharing and defending the gospel to further God's Kingdom. It must enable our greatest joy to see our students "walking in the truth".
- Westminster Catawba Christian School approaches every area of life from a biblical world view, and nowhere is this more critically foundational than in the design of the curriculum. Students receive a comprehensive education which includes biblical studies at every grade level along with science, math, language arts, social studies, and enrichments in art, music, foreign language, computer, physical education, and library.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rock Hill Grades: PK-12 | 260 students
505 University Dr
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803)328-1816 2.7 PK-12
- Fort Mill Grades: K-12 | 141 students
375 Star Light Dr.
Fort Mill, SC 29715
(803)547-3223 8.5 K-12
- Fort Mill Grades: NS-12 | 36 students
377 Rubin Center Dr. Suite 124
Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803)802-2642 4.9 NS-12
I can't tell you what a blessing this school has been to our family! Our kids learn to love learning, and the teachers encouraging critical thinking, problem-solving, and application of material. The academic standards are high and rigorous, but everything is done in a loving, grace-filled way. My children get individualized attention from their teachers and they truly feel loved and cared for by them at all levels (elementary, middle, high school). It's a warm, honoring, Christ-focused environment, and my children are truly learning what it means to have a vibrant relationship with Christ. I love this school!!
- Posted by Parent - alhin
This school is amazing! As a parent, it's wonderful to have both academic and spiritual opportunities for my child to experience. The teachers are wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - Lholl
I love how well rounded this school is. Christian values, small classes, great extracurricular and enrichments classes/activities, dedicated teachers, casual environment, and best of all the spirit that all children are special as God's children. This school focuses on the truth that each child is unique and special and can succeed in life based on their uniqueness-not only because they get straight As, excel in sports, or have amazing talents . The school does not adhere to a societal view of success, but a Christlike view of success! Love is apparent here. Academics are strong! We have loved it thus far and we have a second grader and a Kindergartener at WCCS.
- Posted by Parent - mommy
WCCS recently hosted Pastors Appreciation Day during chapel. It was amazing to see over 30 pastors from different churches attend the chapel service, and then gather with students from their congregation to pray with them. I am so glad that WCCS addresses students’ spiritual needs while at the same time offering strong academic training.
- Posted by Parent - Hal4s
There is a fresh new feel on campus with the new administration. The academics have always been strong and the opportunities to engage in fine arts activites or athletics are plentiful. The classes are small, so the students are well known and get more individualized attention. There is a renewed emphasis on being authentic about the Christian faith. What a blessing!
- Posted by Teacher - mhalv
I love this school!! We won the state championship for volleyball. We have Natioanl Merit scholars. My friends are getting into the colleges they want. It is awesome!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - maren
The individual attention our children get in the classroom is amazing. The "spiritual temperature" is higher than other christian schools we have been a part of. Our children have loved their experiences there.
- Posted by Parent - denni
Nearby Homes for Sale
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.