Walnut Grove Christian School
5.00 (7 reviews)
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #3 - Did you know our teachers try to incorporate fun throughout many aspects of the school day? In fact, we believe in recess and our K-8th grade students have time every day to move and play. Integrating fun into our curriculum makes for better students who are ready to learn!
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #4 - Field Day was a blast..and the last day of high school for our seniors! We are going to miss you all! Thanks to all our parents, teachers & staff for going the extra mile to make this day so special! Shout out and many thanks to Flint Hill Fire Department for the fire hose spray down! We look forward to
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #5 - Congrats to Gunnar Hensley & Banks Johnson; they were chosen by American Legion Post 43 and WGCS Administration to attend this wonderful South Carolina tradition.
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #6 - The goal of WGCS Athletics is to encourage students to grow spiritually and develop athletically as they learn life lessons through WGCS sports. Our Girls Softball Team's Inaugural season was a huge success as each team member supported each other both on & off the field. Each player grew spiritually and athletically which is the primary goal of WGCS Athletics
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #7 - Congratulations Gunnar on a job well done and earning the Congressional Silver Medal! To achieve this esteemed award, each participant sets and achieves challenging goals in four areas: voluntary public service, personal development, physical fitness, and expedition/exploration. Great way to instill initiative, achievement, and service into our future leaders!
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #8 - The family atmosphere at Walnut Grove carries over to many aspects of our students' lives. Last week 4 of our WGCS families partnered with Give Hope Global & traveled to Haiti for missions work. Pictured here: one of our students with a recipient of a backpack filled with essentials donated by many families, in the Fort Mill area, through Give
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo #9 - Our Missions Team made it to Florida! Please join us in praying for each one of these students & teachers as they serve others & grow in Christ this week!
- We provide an encouraging environment where yourstudents can strive for more.
- WGCS is accredited by the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) and the National Council for Private Schools Accreditation (NCPSA)
- Our students' standardized test scores average 1.5 grade levels higher than the national average.
- Founded in 2001 on the principle of a small Christian learning environment. Our board is committed to a low student-teacher ratio in order to maximize individual instruction and attention.
- No more than 13 students per class in Elementary and no more than 15 in Middle and High School.
- WGCS is a Kindergarten through 12th grade school with Honors and College Preparatory classes offered at the High School level.
- All K-8th graders take part in a focused, formal Music and Drama program where each student may showcase their God-given skills and talents.
- School is in session every Monday - Thursday from 8:00 - 2:45 (K-8th) & 8:00 - 3:00 (HS)
- No school on Fridays. Encouraging students to achieve their full potential academically, socially and spiritually, for the growth of God's kingdom, is the goal of WGCS teachers and administrators.
Walnut Grove Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate learning differences|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest pants/bottoms with a collared shirt or school Spirit Wear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,450|
|Tuition Notes||$200 application fee $300 new family fee (one time fee) $400 Supply Fee $250 supply fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Jo Shannon|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||FCA, Fine Arts, Student Council|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- We provide an encouraging environment where yourstudents can strive for more. WGCS is accredited by the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools (SCACS) and the National Council for Private Schools Accreditation (NCPSA) Our students' standardized test scores average 1.5 grade levels higher than the national average.Founded in 2001 on the principle of a small Christian learning environment. Our board is committed to a low student-teacher ratio in order to maximize individual instruction and attention. No more than 13 students per class in Elementary and no more than 15 in Middle and High School. WGCS is a Kindergarten through 12th grade school with Honors and College Preparatory classes offered at the High School level. All K-8th graders take part in a focused, formal Music and Drama program where each student may showcase their God-given skills and talents.School is in session every Monday - Thursday from 8:00 - 2:45 (K-8th) & 8:00 - 3:00 (HS) No school on Fridays. Encouraging students to achieve their full potential academically, socially and spiritually, for the growth of God's kingdom, is the goal of WGCS teachers and administrators.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Mill Grades: NS-12 | 36 students
377 Rubin Center Dr. Suite 124
Fort Mill, SC 29708
(803)802-2642 4.8 NS-12
- Fort Mill Grades: K-12 | 141 students
375 Star Light Dr.
Fort Mill, SC 29715
(803)547-3223 2.7 K-12
Our Daughter was homeschooled and really enjoyed self-study but we felt as she entered into high school she needed to gain the experience of being with others before college. She made great friends with students and teachers. She was accepted into multiple colleges with scholarships - many thanks for all the staff and teachers of Walnut Grove for all they did to make this possible.
- Posted by Parent - Wyant
We chose this school because of the teacher child ratio and the Christian environment. My son started in middle school and right away we saw a positive change in our son's academic performance. What we didn't expect was the added benefit of our son participating in sports which he would have not had a chance doing so at the over crowded public school he used to attend.
- Posted by Parent - Robbins
Caring staff who work hard to meet the needs of all students.
- Posted by Teacher - Missmissy1
As a parent at the school, I have been very pleased with the Christian education that my daughters have received during their time here. I was fearful about the school environment for my children because of all of the anxiety and stress that many of our children endure. At Walnut Grove, I don't have that fear. My children are developing self-confidence in a safe, loving environment. I am so pleased with my decision to send my children her.
- Posted by Parent - Mr. Johnson
We enjoyed the Christian atmosphere, dress code and chapel during the week. It is an environment that embraces Christ and no shame in having faith to share with others. Recently, test scores have not been on high level for the amount of tuition that is paid. The small class sizes are ideal and definitely a big plus, but there is high teacher turnover. The administrative staff is very helpful and knowledgable. There is not a comparable private school in the area at this time. Just do your research on test scores and admittance of some students who transfer in from other trouble areas.
- Posted by Parent - Alexa
My son attended for two years and graduated May 2016. The teachers and staff have been wonderful to my son both emotionally and academically. We are very pleased with his progress and feel he has a bright and hopeful future.
- Posted by Parent - VW
After searching the Charlotte area for a school that was truly Christian beyond just the name, we found WGCS. This school is growing quickly and many people are discovering the best kept secret around. My children absolutely love school and the 4 day a week schedule is great for us! I could not be happier- Christian truths/instruction first, education second. The teachers here see their jobs as a mission not a "have to go to work".
- Posted by Parent - thewi
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.