Village Montessori And Preparatory School
Village Montessori and Preparatory School offers private early elementary and preschool with the goal to continue through at least 8th grade.
We opened in the growing Fort Mill, SC community in August of 2015 to provide preschool and private kindergarten.
In 2016 we added 1st grade and we are now offering 2nd grade for the 2017-2018 school year.
We are a growing school added a second building in 2016.
We continue to grow and establish ourselves as an academic- and literacy-rich preparatory school, attracting education-conscious families by enabling early success in language arts and math.
We seek to develop the whole child, the heart of Maria Montessori's approach, which includes academic, emotional, social, physical and spiritual development.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-2
- Students: 168 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,200
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 18%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- VMPS offers private early elementary and preschool. In the preschool program we provide a classic Montessori education combined with our Balanced Literacy language arts program for ages 18 months to 5 years old. Half-day and full-time schedule options are available. The early elementary program utilizes its own curriculum based on SC, NY and national standards, Balanced Literacy, Lucy Caukins writing program, and Montessori math. We embrace Montessori principles in the elementary program including social grace and courtesy, fostering independence, mixed-age environment, prepared environment, work cycle time management and child-directed learning. We are not an age-specific school, meaning, if a child demonstrates readiness for a higher grade level in several areas of whole child development, his or her placement will reflect that. Our offering includes an academic-rich learning environment combined with enrichment classes including languages, art, PE, Veggiecation, music, butterfly rearing and optional Christian influence. Our teachers are state-certified or Montessori-certified or are working towards certification. VMPS is working towards accredidation as we becomes eligible for application.
Endorse Village Montessori And Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?